YouTube is a Google-owned video-sharing website that has more than 2 million monthly users. Apart from the website, the platform is also available as a mobile application and network television.
Although the YouTube website runs smoothly, users often complain that they have come across an error message that says “Invalid Response Received.”
Generally, the problem occurs when a user tries to search for videos or to try to open a video on the YouTube platform. Additionally, the same problem happens when users try to comment on a video on YouTube. Fortunately, there are various reasons to fix the problem.
In this article, we will explain what causes the error and how you can solve the “invalid response received” error on YouTube.
Reasons Behind Invalid Response Received Error on YouTube
There are various reasons behind this error. Here is a list of reasons why you might get this error on YouTube.
Login Timeout: If a video takes a really long time to get published or downloaded, the YouTube user account gets timed out and logged out automatically. Hence, you can get the invalid response received message.
Issues With Browser Extensions: Third-party browser extensions or ad-blockers can cause the YouTube error, which can be fixed by disabling the ad-blockers or extensions.
Unverified YouTube Account: The “YouTube Invalid Request, Authentication Expired” authentication error can occur if you haven’t verified your YouTube account. In order to verify an account, you have to add a valid phone number to it.
Logged into A Different Account: If you have accidentally logged in to a different YouTube account to upload a video while operating multiple tabs on your computer, this problem can happen.
How to Fix the Invalid Response Received Error On YouTube?
Reload The Page
You can first try to refresh the page when you receive the error message. Refreshing the webpage usually resends the request to the server, which can help to get a response without any problem. You just need to press F5 on your keyboard to refresh the page on your PC or Laptop.
Once you refresh the webpage, you need to use your credentials to log in again to access your YouTube account and see the content.
Set up Google Account Name
You must need to add a name while creating a Google account. If you use your email id instead of adding a name, it can be responsible for the error. In such a case, set up a name on your Google account. Here’s how to do so,
- Open a browser on your computer.
- Visit the Google Account website.
- Ensure that you’ve signed in to the correct account if you’ve multiple Gmail accounts.
- Now, click on Personal info and select the Name field.
- Type your name and click Save.
Avoid Using Multiple User Accounts At The Same Time
In case you are accessing multiple Google accounts on your computer while trying to upload videos on YouTube, you need to stop doing that. You should log out from all the unrequired accounts and use only that account using which you are trying to upload the video.
Disable Third-party Extensions
If you use third-party extensions on your browser for ad-blocking, then those extensions can cause the invalid response received issue on YouTube. Additionally, many users have complained that the problem with YouTube mainly occurs when they use the Bravo web browser. The Brave Web Browser has a Bravo shield that can cause the same error.
Here’s how you can disable the third-party extensions:
Disabling Ad-blocking extensions on Chrome
- Click on the three dots icon> More tools.
- Click on the Extension option.
- Now disable all the add-blocking extensions.
Disabling Brave Shield on Bravo Web browser
- Click on the video you are trying to watch on YouTube.
- Once you see the “Invalid response received” message, stop the Brave shield by clicking the Brave icon located near the address box.
Use Desktop Mode
If you’re accessing YouTube on your phone via a web browser, it’s recommended to use the YouTube app as you might experience errors while using a browser. If you still want to use a browser to access YouTube, it’s better to turn on the desktop mode. To activate the desktop mode,
- Open YouTube on your phone’s browser.
- Tap the three vertical dots located at the top right corner.
- Mark the checkbox beside Desktop Site.
- Now, wait to reload the page.
Verify Your YouTube Account
As already mentioned that the YouTube error can occur if your account is not verified or authenticated. In that case, you must verify your YouTube account. For that,
- Type YouTube.com/verify on the search bar of your web browser.
- On the verification page, select your country from the drop-down list.
- You’ll see two options to receive a verification code – Call me with an automated voice message and Text me the verification code.
- Choose any one option and enter your phone number below.
- Click Submit.
- You’ll receive a verification code on the given number.
- Now, enter that code in the required field and click Submit.
Check if the invalid response received error gets fixed or not.
Use A Different Browser
Sometimes the problem lies with the browser. For example, you might receive the YouTube error message because your browser has an update failure. In such cases, you can try downloading the updates and check if the problem persists.
If the problem still occurs, you can try using other browsers such as Firefox, Safari, etc.
Save and Download Video
If you want to download a video from YouTube but get the “invalid response received” error, the best thing you can try is to save the video in a playlist before downloading it. It is only applicable to the people who use YouTube mobile app. So, to do this,
- Open the video you want to download.
- Tap on the Save button.
- Select the playlist or New Playlist.
- After saving the video, tap on Download to download the video.
Check Your Network
A poor internet connection can also trigger the invalid response received error on YouTube. You can try restarting your router or swap the network from Wi-Fi to Mobile Data or vice versa and check if the problem is fixed or not.
All the possible reasons and solutions for the YouTube Invalid Response Received error has been discussed in this article. Find out the probable reason and solve the issue by yourself.