Snapchat users have found that their Snap scores are stopped updating on time. People who actively use this social app like to see their snap scores going up. Therefore, it’s frustrating when the app doesn’t show the updated score properly.
But why did Snapchat freeze score? Did Snapchat do it intentionally, or was it just an error? Here’s an article about why someone’s Snap score would freeze and what to do when it happens.
What is Snap Score?
A Snap Score indicates your overall activity and engagement with audiences on Snapchat. Though you can’t use it for anything, still it can be entertaining to check which friend is more active among others.
The Snap Score depends on the followings:
- The number of Snaps you’ve sent and received.
- The number of stories you’ve posted and viewed.
- The number of discovered videos you’ve seen.
- The number of friends you’ve on Snapchat.
In short, your Snap Score is a running tally of your daily activity on Snapchat, like Snaps sent or received, stories you sent, friends you added, and more.
Even for many users, Snapchat Scores are a way to compete with friends by comparing the scores or adding trophies to their Snapchat Trophy Case.
You’ll also be rewarded with a bonus for sending Snaps to multiple users at once. Additionally, keeping up your Snapchat Streaks by sending Snaps to friends regularly will increase your score.
Why does Snapchat freeze Snap scores? 
Snapchat scores can freeze for a high server load and app maintenance. Users can get updates about the present Snapchat server status on the Snapchat Support Twitter account. Usually, waiting for some hours will cause frozen Snap Scores to update automatically.
Do not worry if there’s no instant change in the Snap Score right after exchanging Snaps with others.
There could be a slight delay before the app reviews your request and updates your profile’s Snap Score. However, if you can’t see any changes in the Snap Score and it freezes, there can be certain reasons.
Here’re the possible reasons in detail:
1. Delay in Updating: You can’t expect the update to take place instantly after exchanging Snaps. As already mentioned before, there could be a small delay, and it might take a while for Snapchat to see the changes in your Snap Score and update it.
2. Poor Internet: There’s a chance that your Snapchat Snap Score is frozen due to a poor internet connection. Sometimes, poor internet connections could become slow to connect with Snapchat servers before they find changes and apply them to the Snap Scores.
3. Your Snapchat App is Outdated: If your Snapchat app gets is not updated, that might be the reason for Snapchat Snap Score to freeze. An outdated version can cause different errors, bugs, software glitches, and other security threats in the app. Hence, it’s recommended to get the latest version of your app by updating it.
4. Snapchat Server Outage: Server down or server outage is a common situation on every popular social media platform like Facebook. So, it isn’t surprising if the Snapchat server is down. Their servers can go down for different reasons, including updating the platform, maintenance, technical errors, or DDOS cyber-attack. In that case, you have to wait until they solve the issue.
What to Do If Your Snap Scores are Frozen?
Take a social media break from Snapchat, but don’t worry about losing Snap Scores. Your scores won’t go down, and they’ll remain the same once you come back. But despite using the app daily, if you can’t see the scores going up, don’t panic.
You can follow these tips to assure your Snap scores stay the same:
- Ensure that you’re using the latest version of the app.
- Reboot your mobile and
- Wait for some hours. It can be a minor glitch or some technical problems from Snapchat’s end.
- When nothing works, you need to contact Snapchat support, and they might help you get rid of this problem.
Snap Scores are an indication to show how popular you are on Snapchat. So, if your scores freeze suddenly, it might worry you. The app takes time to update the score, so you need to give it some time.
So, I hope you’ve understood why Snap Scores are frozen and what you can do to fix it. If you have any further queries, please let us know using the comment section below.