If you are a Samsung smartphone user, you might have seen an app called “com.wssyncmldm” often appears in Google activity or pop up on your phone screen.
Well, you don’t need to freak out as every Android phone has some pre-installed system apps that run in the background. However, this issue can be easily fixed.
In this article, we’ll explain everything briefly about com.wssyncmldm. So, follow the article to know what it is and how to disable it.
What is Com.wssyncmldm?
Com.wssyncmldm is a preinstalled system app found in Samsung Android phones. It monitors and tracks the update status of the device operating system. The application notifies users about the system updates available on Samsung phones.
The application has an in build operating system so you can run it safely on your phone. It also doesn’t use much battery or data and doesn’t need regular checkups like other applications.
Is Com.wssyncmldm A Spyware?
No, com.wssyncmldm is not spyware. It’s an important app package of Android that runs in the background and checks continuously for any update status of the OS. This app package is also known as Bloatware.
As the app package often pops out on the screen or in the Google Activity monitor, people often misunderstand it as spyware or malware. That’s why people try to disable it.
But it’s important to know that com.wssyncmldm is an essential tool that informs you about the latest software and security updates. For the same reason, instead of disabling the app, let it run in the background.
However, if you still want to disable it, then you have to root your phone to get the authority to disable the app.
Com.wssyncmldm Has Stopped Working Unexpectedly
Many users have complained that they get the error message “com.wssyncmldm has stopped working unexpectedly” on their phone. This error normally happens if your phone is going through an app malfunction or there are some cache issues.
So, if you’re frequently getting the error message, start your phone on safe mode. Also, restarting your phone might help to disable the issue. But it will not solve the problem permanently.
How to Fix Com.wssyncmldm Has Stopped Issue?
In order to fix the “com.wssyncmldm has stopped” error, you first need to identify the main reason behind this error. Here’s what you can do:
Method 1: Clear App Cache and Data
Clearing the app cache and data is the first method you can try to solve errors with almost all the apps on your phone. To do that, follow the steps:
- Open your phone’s settings and tap on All Apps.
- Next, tap on the ellipsis icon (three-dot icon) located on the right corner of your screen and then select Show System Apps.
- Find and select com.wssyncmldm from the next menu.
- Tap Force Stop.
- Now select the option called App Storage and tap on Clear Cache and Data.
- Go back to the home screen of your phone and check whether the error message still appears or not.
Method 2: Use Titanium Backup Software to Freeze The App
If clearing the app cache and data does not fix the problem, then you can try freezing the com.wssyncmldm app using Titanium backup software.
Freezing an app means the app will be present on the device; however, it will not cause any other app malfunction on your Samsung Android device.
In order to freeze an app, you have to get root access to your phone. Once your phone is rooted, you can follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Download Titanium Backup software and install it on your device.
- Launch the app on your phone.
- Search com.wssyncmldm and tap on it.
- Tap Freeze on the next step. In case you have Superuser installed on your device, you have to tap on Grant to finish the process.
Method 3: Use Android Debug Bridge (ADB) to Disable The App
ADB is a command-line tool that you can use to communicate with Android devices. This tool can be used to install, uninstall, access data, run commands and debug an application.
If you want to disable com.wssyncmldm using ADB, then you will require a Windows PC or a laptop and a data cable. If you have got all these, check out the next steps:
- Go to your device’s Settings> System> About Phone.
- Tap on the Builder Number seven times to activate Developer Options.
- Again go back to the main settings and tap Developer Options.
- Now, turn on the USB Debugging option.
- Download ADB on your PC or laptop.
- In the next step, extract the zip file’s content to a new folder.
- Press and hold the shift button on your keyboard and right-click on a blank space.
- Next, click Open Powershell window here (In case you are using a previous Windows version, you will get the option called “Open Command Window Here”)
- Now, using the USB cable, connect your phone with the PC/laptop.
- Make sure that you have selected File Transfer as the USB mode on your Android phone.
- Enter command adb devices in the Powershell window.
- You will get a USB debugging prompt on your phone screen. Tap on OK to allow access.
- Re-enter the adb devices command in the Powershell window.
- The Powershell window will now display the serial number of your device.
- Now, to disable the app enter the command adb shell pm disable-user -user 0 com.wssyncmldm in the Powershell window.
Can I Uninstall Com.wssyncmldm?
No, there are no ways to uninstall the com.wssyncmldm app package from Android. This is because it is an essential service app that helps the device to update services like Google Play Service.
Hopefully, now you have understood what com.wssyncmldm is and how to disable it on your phone. Try out these above-mentioned methods to fix any issue related to the application. If the above methods don’t solve your problem, contact the developer.