Gaming is never complete without a great gaming setup. With the gaming industry becoming a cornerstone in the application of technology during these modern times, gaming hardware and accessories are updating rapidly. There’s increasing development in high-performing graphics and videos for a more seamless experience while playing games. That way, you can immerse yourself in the gaming experience.
However, your gaming setup can either heighten or decrease your gaming experience. Thus, like most players, you want to have the best possible gear and equipment. With such, you may want to do the following to achieve an ultimate gaming setup:
1. Upgrade Your Gaming Experience with A Gaming Router
The first thing you should do is to have a separate router for your gaming PC. That way, you can have fast internet speed compared to regular routers. You can also avoid having a lagging game that may affect your engagement.
Differences of A Gaming Router & An Ordinary Router
Generally, a router or modem is used to direct the data packets incoming from the service providers to the correct recipients of internet connection in the various networks.
You might be wondering what differentiates the gaming router from the usual router installed in your home. The functions of these two types are similar. However, their performance is different from each other while connected to a network.
Here’s why gaming routers perform better than ordinary routers:
- Reduces the lag and pings while connected to the servers
- Updated to match changing Wi-Fi requirements
- More Ethernet ports
- Prioritize the bandwidth used for PC gaming setups
- Open source instead of a static, single firmware
A feature of gaming routers that prioritizes data while playing games is the quality-of-service function. This means that the router prioritizes substantial and high-volume traffic when using the computer.
With such, it minimizes packet data losses that can affect the quality of your game. If you want to buy the best modems for gaming, you can check bestgamingsettings.com.
2. Use an Ergonomic Gaming Chair
Even if you have a fast internet speed, you won’t enjoy your game when you’re sitting for so long. Sitting for long hours to get wins in your game greatly affects your body.
A crooked posture and bad eyesight are some effects that you might get while playing. To minimize these, you need to use a gaming chair that allows you to be comfortable during the long hours of sitting and focusing on the game.
With so many varieties of gaming chairs available in the market, you can get the best ones. When choosing a gaming chair, you should do the following:
- Choose a chair that’s of good quality and durability to get the most out of your money.
- Aside from the usual armrests and adjustable heights, most PC gaming chairs are customizable. Thus, you can add additional parts to suit your needs. You can also choose to add some built-in speakers, massage pillows for your back, or some leg rests.
- Like most furniture, you need to consider the ergonomics of the chair you plan to buy. This means that the gaming chair must minimize strains of the whole body, especially back pains.
- You also need to consider the material of the chair. Durable and easy-to-clean textiles made of leather or vinyl are good choices. Breathable types like cotton are much more difficult to clean and are less durable.
3. Choosing the Right PC
Aside from your internet connection, you should also have a high-performing gaming PC. Thus, you may want to consider high-performing processors as they’re one of the best options to use for gaming.
Aside from choosing the best performing processor, there should also be an installed cooling system to avoid the overheating of your gaming PC. You can either use a standard heatsink, cooling fan, or a liquid cooling system.
Most importantly, use dedicated graphic cards for gaming PC to have a flawless gaming experience. A more upgraded graphics card will allow you to minimize the lag you can experience on an ordinary PC.
4. Choosing the Right Monitor
Likewise, the monitor is also a primary feature of the gaming PC. You can choose from a variety of monitors that will give you the best views during the game.
It may take you some time to choose the best monitor that suits your gaming needs. That’s why you can check the features below to narrow down your choices:
- Resolution and size of the monitor
- Refresh time
- Duration of response
- Types of monitor panels
- Color types
- Compatibility with FreeSync and G-Sync
- Quality of the monitor hardware
- Available ports
As for the best screen size for gaming, you can choose those ranging from 24-27 inches. What you have to remember is to choose monitors that you can easily navigate.
5. Don’t Forget Your Gaming Accessories
Most importantly, don’t forget the other gaming accessories that can improve your gaming experience. These include your mouse, keyboard, and headset to suit your gaming needs.
- Headset: You can make your gaming more thrilling and exciting with the sounds. The audio will allow you to be immersed in the gaming environment. Thus, using the right headset will help.
- Keyboard: This is also a vital component for your gaming PC. You can choose from various keyboards, but consider the ones that will last longer because you’re more likely to use your keyboards when gaming. Keyboards are essential in all games. RPG and FPS games have commands that you can quickly execute by pressing specific keys on the keyboard. The response time of the keyboard is also vital when playing. Thus, you must invest in a fast-performing keyboard to improve your PC gaming.
- Mouse: Lastly, it’s essential to have a high-speed mouse to make navigation easier. If you want to win in your games, this accessory should be accurate with low iterations.
Gaming has been a trend for years now that technological innovations are prevalent to enhance the gaming experience. Thus, you may want to consider the recommendations above so you can have a great gaming experience.
You can avoid a lagging game and at the same time be comfortable with the proper setup. From internet connection to gaming chairs and accessories, you need to use more advanced features. That way, you won’t lose your game because of slow internet or because of an aching back.
Instead, you may win your games when all your accessories and components are made for gaming.