Is your Instagram Account Disabled for no reason? Losing access to Instagram seems to be a terrible experience. You’ll not only be cut off from friends but also lose all the reels, photos, and videos. Thankfully, it’s possible to recover your disabled Instagram account by submitting an appeal form.
But don’t worry. The New Scitech guide will tell you how to recover a disabled Instagram account.
Why did Instagram Disable Your Account?
There might be different reasons behind Instagram disabling your account. Additionally, Instagram can make you log out without any warning. So, when you try to log in, a pop-up will say, “Error: Your account has been disabled for violating our terms. Learn how you may be able to restore your account”.
- Sharing fraudulent, illegal, misleading, copyrighted, or NSFW content.
- Spreading hate speech.
- Using abusive languages in DM or comments.
- Impersonating someone else.
- Accidentally disable the account by yourself.
- Using third-party apps for auto-likes and followers.
- Installing phone apps like Story Savers, FollowMeter for Instagram, etc.
- Repeatedly spam reports about your posts.
- Providing a fake age. You must be at least 13 years old to create an Instagram account.
- Usage of a fake name and details.
- If your Facebook account gets disabled for violating rules, your Instagram account will also be banned.
- It can be a technical or human error.
How Many Types of Disabled Instagram Accounts are there?
There’re two types of disabled Instagram accounts, temporarily disabled and permanently disabled. The procedure of appealing for the account is based on the type of ban or disable your account has.
For temporarily disabled Instagram account:
If you see the message “account is disabled” on Instagram, you’re safe. It implies that Instagram has temporarily disabled your account, and you can restore it.
For permanently disabled Instagram account:
How to Recover Disabled Instagram Account Through Mobile App?
If your Instagram account is disabled temporarily, you can surely get it back. When you log in to Instagram, the “Disabled Account” message will appear on the mobile with a “Learn More” option. If this is your case, follow the steps below:
1. Open Instagram on your mobile.
2. Enter your username and password to log into the account.
3. A pop-up should appear saying that your account is disabled.
4. Tap the Learn More option on the pop-up.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions, and you’ll get the Appeal screen.
6. Submit your request and wait for at least 7-10 days to get a response.
You need to keep patience because appealing multiple times won’t speed up your request. Further, ask politely to recover your account. Do not overreact or show frustration, or it could delay the process.
If you think you’ve violated Instagram rules and guidelines unintentionally, explain that in your appeal form and convince them that you won’t do it again.
If there’s no “Learn More” option on your Instagram pop-up, don’t fret. It’s still possible to submit an appeal form to the Instagram Support Team to manually review the account.
Request to Recover Instagram Account Through Appeal Form
If you ascertain that your Instagram account was disabled by mistake, submit an appeal form to the Instagram Support Team. After submitting the form with all information, the team member will review the form and manually check your account’s activity.
If they verify the account is disabled mistakenly, you’ll get an email regarding the activation, and your account will be recovered right away.
You can directly access the contact page using the “Appeal Form” button above. Here, you’ll need to provide your full name, email id, username, and mobile number and explain why your account should not be deactivated.
Once you fill in the details, click Send. Instagram can take 5-20 business days to review the request and take steps.
Keep your patience until you get their response. But if you’re in a hurry and can’t wait for that long, you can create a new Instagram account anytime.