One of the best-selling consoles of all time, the Playstation 4 or PS4 has sold over 115 million units worldwide. The PlayStation 4 remains a top-selling console despite the arrival of the PlayStation 5 (PS5). However, it is not infallible and may occasionally have faults and malfunctions, just like any other technological device.
Here, in this article, we will discuss one of the common errors that say PS4 cannot access system storage. Go through this article to find out why this error occurs and how to fix PS4 Cannot access system storage.
Reasons for PS4 Cannot Access System Storage
The error code CE-34335-8 indicates that the PS4 is unable to read data from the storage device or the hard drive. There are a lot of potential reasons for this error, but the most typical ones are listed below.
- Damaged or corrupted hard drive.
- Bad sectors on the drive.
- Physical damage to the PS4.
- The hard drive lost connection with your device.
- Virus or malware attack.
How to Fix PS4 Cannot Access System Storage?
So, what can you do to fix the issue? In this section, we’ll briefly describe all the fixes that you must try to resolve the problem.
Fix 1: Reinsert the Hard Disk Drive
Let’s begin with something easy because problems like the ps4 cannot access system storage might often cause due to inappropriate seating of the hard drive and accumulation of dust. To fix this, you will need to unplug all the connections of your PS4, separate the hard drive cover, then disconnect the hard drive. After that, take a soft and dry cloth to clean the hard drive and its ports. Once the cleaning is done, reinsert the hard disk drive and plug the PS4 back and check if the problem is fixed.
Fix 2: Troubleshoot PS4 into Safe Mode
Troubleshooting your PS4 has been demonstrated to resolve a wide range of issues including the ps4 cannot access system storage. To troubleshoot your PS4 into safe mode,
- Connect the PS4 to your console.
- Press and hold the power button located on your console until you hear the second beep.
- It will redirect you to a screen with multiple options.
- Click on Initialize PS4 (Reinstall System Software) to troubleshoot your PS4 in safe mode
Fix 3: Use CHKDSK Command
You need to use the CHKDSK command whenever you’re getting ps4 cannot access system storage ce-33570-8 error. For that, you need to separate the hard drive from your PS4 and insert it into your computer. Here’s how to do so,
1. On your Windows search bar, type Command prompt.
2. Select Run as Administrator to open the cmd window.
3. Type chkdsk*:/r/f. Here * indicate the drive letter.
4. It will now start checking for any errors and fix them at the same time.
5. Once the process is done, insert the hard drive again into your PS4.
Fix 4: Format the External Storage Drive
In case the ps4 cannot access system storage su-42477-4 error is occurring because of a corrupted or damaged hard drive, then you can’t do anything but format the hard drive. There are two possible ways to go through this process, one is using the interface of PS4 and the other is disconnecting the external drive and format using a PC.
There is still a chance that the PS4 storage problem will occur if you go with the first method, despite how much easier it is. Disconnect the drive from the PS4 and format it on a computer to eliminate potential future issues.
Here’s how to format your external storage drive:
1. Go to the PS4 Settings.
2. Scroll down and select Devices.
3. Now, from the list, find and select USB Storage Devices.
4. From the devices list, select the drive that you wish to format.
5. Now, select Format as Extended Storage.
Fix 5: Replace the Drive
If nothing else has helped, replacing the hard drive is your best option. HDDs lose all usefulness as time passes due to mechanical failures and bad sectors. The best course of action in this situation is to get a new hard drive or switch to a solid-state one (SSD).
Using the methods mentioned in this article, you can solve the PS4 cannot access system storage error and have a smooth gameplay experience. In case, you’re facing any problem with your current PS4 DNS configuration, then you can check our guide on 21 best DNS for PS4.