The online or digital transaction is obviously a blessing for so many people. The transactions are easy and preferred by everyone, including small business owners to corporate companies’ CEOS.
In such a pandemic situation, so many things are still doable only because of the advanced features of the technology. The new normal is to maintain social distancing as well as to restrain from touching anything without being cautious.
There are many platforms available to perform online transactions; however, when it comes to naming a few, PayPal always comes in mind. According to the latest survey done in 2019, almost 305 million users are using PayPal for any kind of digital transactions.
Not only as an online payment platform but also one can use PayPal for some other additional services. One of such additional service is creating shipping labels. This article can be a guide to help you in case you are looking for processes to create shipping labels using PayPal, along with tips to get success.
Benefits of Shipping with PayPal
There are many advantages of creating shipping labels with PayPal, such as:
- Cost Savings: Many shipping companies charge monthly or daily usage fees, but PayPal does not charge any of those. PayPal also provides customers with commercial discounted rates on the postage prices with UPS and USPS. Therefore, it means that the amount you’ll pay for postage with PayPal will be pretty less than the standard postage price offered on any UPS and USPS websites.
- Time Savings: One can now keep the invoices, receipts, shipping labels, tracking numbers all in one place, which will help them in performing online transactions. It is also possible to print labels on your own, saving your precious time from getting wasted. Standing in the long queue at the post office to ship the parcels is way more time-consuming.
- Increased professionalism: Well- maintained and shipped parcels can bring out the professionalism of yours. With the help of PayPal, one can become professional and get uniform labels from their sweet home’s comfort. Also, PayPal offers us the option to hide the cost of postage while printing the label, which is an excellent benefit for the professional shipper!
Creating a shipping Label with PayPal with an Invoice
If you want to create a shipping label for an already completed transaction via PayPal, you have to follow the steps below:
- The first step is logging into your Paypal account by giving correct details.
- Select the Activity tab; you have to find the recent transaction for which you want to create a label.
- Then click on “order” you want to expand the order details, and after that, select Print Shipping Label.
- Choose the shipping carrier you want (remember PayPal also offers UPS and USPS shipping).
- After this, you have to enter and verify the shipping information.
- Once you provide all the correct information, click on the Confirm and Pay option. You can choose between the options to pay with a credit card or with your PayPal balance.
- Click on the Print Label option to generate your own label for printing. If the shipping label you want to print doesn’t open up in a new window, just disable the pop-up blocker of the browser you are using and try it again.
- Finally, print the shipping label and attach it to the parcel which you want to be shipped.
Creating a shipping Label with PayPal without a Purchase, Transaction, or Invoice
If you want to create a shipping label for a parcel which is not associated with a PayPal transaction, you can follow the steps mentioned below:
- First, log in to your PayPal account using all the required details.
- Visit http://www.paypal.com/shiplabel/create/. Finding the page can be a little bit time-taking. If you plan to print labels with the PayPal website, we would recommend you to bookmark this address in your web browser.
- A pop-up is going to appear on your screen, which will tell you to enter the recipient’s shipping address. Just enter the recipient’s address and click on the Ship-To This Address option.
- After that, enter the address from where you are going to ship the parcel. This address will be used as the” return to sender” address if any issue arises while shipping. Always be sure that you are mentioning your own address and not the post-office address. Mentioning the post-office address can create trouble, as you need to collect the parcel from the post-office if it got returned.
- The next step is to choose the ideal shipping method which you wish to use. Remember, PayPal allows you to ship with UPS and USPS and also provides multiple service options! Select the perfectly suitable service for you (based on the size of your parcel, time frame, and budget).
- After selecting the shipping method, you have to enter your parcel information. Depending upon the type of parcel you are shipping, PayPal will ask you to include the weight (pounds & ounces), and the measurement (in inches) of the package you are sending. Also, make sure that the measures you have provided are correct, or else it could get returned.
- After all of these, enter the shipping date. Keep in mind that the date gets automatically updated to the current one. If you wish to drop the parcel at some other future dates, make sure to do the necessary changes.
- Click on the Calculate Shipping Cost option on the top right-hand side corner of the screen. This will provide you the estimated shipping cost based on the information you have provided on PayPal.
- Once you are satisfied that the information you have provided is totally correct, click on the Confirm and Pay option. You need to choose any one option to complete the payment method (either with your credit card or PayPal balance).
- Click on the Print Label option in order to generate your own label for printing. If the shipping label doesn’t open in a new window, just disable the pop-up blocker on your web browser and try again.
- Finally, Print the Label and attach it with the parcel you are planning to ship. It may seem that there are loads of steps you have to follow before shipping your parcel, but it’s actually an effortless process. For more info in making the process gets completed faster, and to ensure that your package arrives at the right time without any complications, you can check other additional considerations.
- If you are really determined to print your PayPal shipping label without any difficulty, make sure to follow the quick tips given below:
- Among all the shipping options available on PayPal, most of them require the proper length (inches) and parcel weight (in pounds and ounces). Therefore it is recommended to keep a measuring tape and scale with you so that you can find the accurate information pretty easily. If you create a shipping label with an incorrect size or weight measurement, it can cause serious inconvenience, and even your package can get returned.
- You can use paper or label paper when printing your own label. If you want to use label paper, the recommended/best size for PayPal shipping labels is Label 369, which is 7.375’’ x 4.5’’ in size.
- In case you are using copy paper to print your labels, always make sure to cover the full label with the help of clear packing tape when you attach it to your parcel. If you don’t cover your paper label, it can fall off, tear, or can even bleed. This can lead to returning your package, or it can even get lost.
- PayPal also gives you the feature to generate International Shipping Labels. While filling out the shipping information, PayPal will help you to make the required customs forms and/or packing slips by adding additional steps. PayPal also provides you the additional feature of package insurance. If you are willing to ship your package by Priority Mail, it comes with free insurance of $50. In order to get the best rate, it is advisable not to add insurance to your Priority Mail Packages unless you need the coverage beyond $50 provided.
- PayPal gives you an awesome feature of voiding any shipping labels for 48 hours after you created them. In case you have cancelled or made any mistake, make sure you have voided the label. This will save you precious money from being wasted.
- Once the PayPal shipping label has been attached to your parcel, make sure to re-check the Guide on USPS Collection Boxes, this will help you to find a shipping location near you.
Which one is better? PayPal shipping Label without invoice or USPS online shipping
Opening and logging into an account to create online shipping labels via USPS is also possible. However, the process of creating a shipping label using PayPal is easier than the other one. Plus, if anyone sells their products via Amazon or eBay, then they can conveniently use PayPal without any worries.
If you think of other alternatives and wish to ship your products via UPS, PayPal can help you in that case too.
However, it is important to compare the shipping charges and choose any mode suitable for you to create shipping labels.
When technology is offering you comfort in less price and minimal efforts, it will be a foolish decision to ignore such things. PayPal provides you superb security when it comes to protecting your account; still, you need to be cautious.