Netflix is a popular ad-free streaming device to watch a wide-varieties of TV shows, movies, documentaries, Web series, episodes and anime. You can watch as much as you want at a low monthly price. Even download your favorite shows and movies to watch them offline. Netflix is supported on Android, iOS, Windows and other streaming devices like Nintendo Switch.
But before proceeding, let’s know what Nintendo Switch is. Nintendo Switch is nothing but a popular gaming console where you can enjoy unlimited HD gaming. It was developed by Nintendo, a Japanese multinational consumer electronics and video game company and released globally on March 3, 2017. Since then, Nintendo users are eagerly waiting for the Netflix app to launch on it.
Although Hulu and YouTube are available on Nintendo Switch, it still doesn’t support Netflix officially. However, people are still enjoying it on this platform. Nintendo Switch is not to play games only. But you can use Switch to stream Netflix too.
So, how to watch Netflix on Switch? You can easily do it on your own with a few easy and quick steps. Let’s find out.
Is it Possible to Watch Netflix on Switch?
Well, the Netflix app is not available on Nintendo e-shop yet. It doesn’t support the application. Does it mean you are unable to watch Netflix on Switch? Certainly not. As already said, many people are using this gaming console to watch Netflix.
Eventually, Netflix is only supported by Nintendo’s 3D family, including Nintendo 2DS, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, New Nintendo 3DS and New Nintendo 3DS XL. However, Netflix streaming on the Nintendo 3DS family is currently available in the USA and Canada only.
How to Watch Netflix on Switch?
Now you may wonder how to watch Netflix on Switch. Before that, first set up Nintendo Switch on your TV.
Set Up Nintendo Switch on the TV
The following steps will guide you to set up Nintendo Switch on the TV.
- Open the back cover of the Nintendo Switch dock.
- Connect the USB plug from Nintendo Switch to the AC adapter. Then, connect the other end of the AC adapter to the wall socket.
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable into the terminal of HDMI OUT. Then, connect the other hand to the HDMI port on the TV.
- Turn on the TV to choose the correct HDMI input.
- Finally, launch Nintendo Switch on the TV and go to the home menu option.
Install Netflix on Nintendo Switch
As you’ve launched Nintendo Switch on your TV, now proceed further to install Netflix.
- Open Switch with its login credentials.
- Go to the home screen and select the e-shop icon.
- From the e-shop, select the box next to the search bar to open the on-screen keyboard.
- Enter Netflix and tap on Ok.
- Select the Netflix app from the search result.
- Install the app.
- Sign in with your Netflix id to enjoy streaming.
Finally, you’ve successfully installed Netflix on Nintendo Switch. Isn’t it easy? Many people have tried this hassle-free method and eventually, it worked.
But are you still struggling? No problem. There is an alternative method of how to watch Netflix on Switch.
An Alternative Way to Get Netflix on Switch
- After setting Nintendo Switch on your TV, go to the home screen to select the e-shop icon.
- From the top right of the touch screen, select the Menu button.
- Select Search.
- Select Add Search Filters.
- Choose the criteria like Platform, Genre, Publisher and Price.
- Select your specific Filter and click Apply Filter.
- You can see the list of contents related to your search result. Select Netflix.
- Install it on Nintendo Switch.
Once Netflix is downloaded and installed, you can instantly access it from the Nintendo home screen.
Why Doesn’t Nintendo Switch Have Netflix App Yet?
According to Scott Mirer, Netflix vice president of device partner ecosystem, in a press Q&A panel in Silicon Valley, video was not priorioty for Switch. Nintendo was primarily focused on gaming at its launch year. However, Netflix’s official Twitter account tweeted that the company is exploring opportunities with Nintendo.
Eventually, Nintendo has proven to be a sales hit. So there is a possibility to integrate Netflix into its platform.
On a final note, it’s better to use Netflix VPN on Switch to access geo-restricted content. With Nintendo Switch, you can stream other devices like Hulu and YouTube. As Netflix or Nintendo hasn’t announced the collaboration with each other yet, you can’t watch Netflix videos directly on Switch from the app. So, follow the steps above to install it in the Switch console. Now, enjoy video streaming at your home comfortably.