Is your Logitech G933 headset flashing red every time you are connecting it to your PC or gaming console? Then you have come to the right place.
The Logitech G933 headset is specially designed with many customization options any gamer needs. Its advanced Pro-G audio drivers provide an excellent sound experience while playing on consoles or desktops.
The red light on the headset sometimes continuously flashes without turning off. This error prevents you from charging and connecting to the headphones.
The causes behind the blinking red light on Logitech headsets can be a low or dead battery or failed updates. Let’s know the causes in detail and solutions to fix this issue.
Why Is My Logitech G933 Keep Flashing Red?
Here are the most common reasons for Logitech G933 flashing red:
- A low battery.
- The battery is entirely discharged.
- If you are using a Windows 10 PC, the headset usage may be restricted.
- The cable or port that connects the headset to the PC can be damaged.
- Any recent Windows update might have broken the working capabilities of your Logitech G933 headset.
- The port on your PC to which the headset is connected may be damaged.
- The headset itself is defective.
How to Fix Logitech G933 Flashing Red Issue?
Let’s follow the below-listed solutions for fixing Logitech G933 flashing red.
We recommend the users go through the solutions step-by-step to avoid any type of damage to the headset.
1. Hard Reset Logitech G933 Headset
The first thing that you can do to fix Logitech G933 flashing red error is hard reset it. A hard reset will remove all previously stored configurations in your headset.
To do that, you will need a pin for removing the left side plate.
- Connect your G933 headset with USB power.
- From the mic side, remove the side plate carefully. Now, you can see the network structure clearly.
- Press the hardware reset button for two seconds using a small pin.
- Now the headset is completely reset. Try connecting it with your PC and check if it is still flashing red.
2. Force Update Firmware
Installing the new version of the firmware can also solve the Logitech G933 headset not working issue. Here’s how to do it:
- Connect the Logitech G933 headset to your PC using an adapter or a USB dongle.
- Hit the power button on the headset to turn it on.
- Press Windows+R on your keyboard and type cmd to open the Command Prompt Screen.
- Type the following command and press enter.
Cd C:\Program Files\Logitech Gaming Software\FWUpdate\G933
- Next, type G933Update_v25.Exe /FORCE and press enter.
- All of these commands will update the firmware on your system. When all the commands are executed, reboot your PC and check if the Logitech G933 error persists.
3. Charge Logitech G933 Battery
What if the headset’s batteries are dead or going to completely discharge shortly? A low battery on the Logitech G933 headset can lead to a flashing red error.
Hence, check your batteries immediately. If they’re dead, fully charge them and enjoy gaming with sound.
4. Replace Dead Batteries
A dead battery can be a reason for the Logitech G933 to flash a red LED three times and turn off. Even if you charge a dead battery, it’ll discharge quickly. So, the only way out is to replace the dead batteries with new ones.
It’s proven that you won’t be seeing the blinking red light on Logitech G933 after replacing the dead batteries. But in case the red light keeps blinking, go to the next solution.
5. Try Using USB Wireless Mix Adapter
As it has been mentioned that the Logitech headset issue can happen if there’s a faulty port on your PC. In such cases, you need to connect the cable with all the other ports on your PC and check if you can hear the audio or not.
If you still face the same issue, then you can try using USB Wireless Mix Adapter to connect your Logitech headset with your PC or gaming console.
6. Get A New Charging Cable
A faulty or damaged charging cable can be another reason behind the Logitech G933 isn’t charging. A Logitech G933 headphone uses a USB mini port for charging and it can get damaged anytime. So, check whether charger cable is the main source of the issue. If yes, you need a new one.
7. Update USB Drivers
An outdated version of the USB drivers can be the reason why your headset is not working. That’s why you need to upgrade the USB drivers.
Here’s how you can do it.
- Press Windows+R together on your keyboard.
- In the Run window, type devmgmt.msc and click on OK.
- On the next Device Manager window, expand the Universal Serial Bus Controllers option by clicking on the “>” sign.
- Right-click on the USB Component option and then click on Update Driver from the next menu.
- Now follow the on-screen instructions carefully to complete the USB Driver Update procedure.
8. Contact Official Support
In case none of the solutions mentioned above work for you, then it is recommended to contact your nearest authorized service center and get your Logitech G933 headset repaired. In case the headset is in the warranty period, the service center can also replace the headset. You can also communicate with the Logitech Support Page for help.
Frequently Asked Questions
If your Logitech Headset is blinking red, it indicates the battery is running low. An orange light notifies the battery status so that you can charge it for a few hours.
No, Logitech G933 does not have BlueTooth. The USB dongle that comes along with it can only provide the wireless connection to Logitech G933.
Both the headsets, Logitech G935 and Logitech G933, are wireless gaming headsets. Despite the fact that the G935 headset was produced after G933, the sound effects of the G933 are superior to the G935 headset.
On the other hand, G935 has a longer wireless range and low latency.
Hopefully, these aforementioned methods will help to fix Logitech G933 headset flashing red issue. If you’ve any further queries or you know any other way to fix this problem, feel free to share with us in the comment box below.