GroupMe is a free group messaging app for Android, iOS and Windows mobile to communicate with friends, family and collaborate with coworkers. It also offers a web client to access the service on a computer. If you don’t want to install the app, you can still chat in groups through SMS by adding people from the phonebook.
If you’re new to GroupMe and want to know how to log into GroupMe, here we’ve listed the step-by-step processes for PC, macOS and Android.
How to log into GroupMe on PC
If you don’t want to install the GroupMe app, you can still sign in to GroupMe using your browser. In order to log into GroupMe on PC, follow the quick steps below:
1. Open https://groupme.com on a PC browser. Instead of the GroupMe app, you can use GroupMe’s web client to send and receive messages on your computer.
2. Click Log in from the upper-right corner of the screen.
3. In case you don’t have a GroupMe account, click on Sign up today to create a new one. It’ll ask for a phone number, email address and password to develop a new GroupMe account.
4. Alternatively, you can log in to GroupMe using your Facebook or Microsoft login credentials.
5. Now, enter your phone number or email id and password to sign in. If you’ve signed up using Facebook or Microsoft, choose the Facebook or Microsoft option and enter login credentials to use GroupMe.
6. Click Log in to log into your GroupMe account.
7. If you forget the password, click on Forget password and follow the onscreen command to reset it.
Now you can create a new group or select the existing group to chat or use GroupMe as a photo and video sharing app.
How to log into GroupMe on macOS
The GroupMe login process for macOS users is quite easy. The mac app store will help you to complete the process without any hassle. Here is the procedure to log in to Group Me on macOS.
- Open the Mac App Store on your device or press ⌘ Cmd + Spacebar from the keyboard to find App Store.
- Write GroupMe in the search bar and hit Return from the upper left corner. It’ll display all the relevant results.
- Select the GroupMe app and click the Get button.
- Now to download the app, follow the on-screen prompts. You may need to enter your Apple ID and password to begin the download process. If you don’t have an ID, click Create Apple ID and proceed.
- After download, click Open, and it’ll direct you to the GroupMe login screen.
- If you want to log in to GroupMe using your email id or phone number, enter the login credentials and hit Log in. If you’ve used Facebook to sign in, select the Facebook option, and if your GroupMe account is linked with the Microsoft account, choose Microsoft and enter the credentials.
- If you fail to remember the password, Click Forget password to reset it.
How to log into GroupMe on Android
If you want to log into GroupMe on Android, download and install the GroupMe app from the Google Play Store and follow the steps here:
1. Open the GroupMe app on your Android phone/tablet.
2. Tap Log in.
3. To sign in to GroupMe, you can opt for the email address, Microsoft, Facebook or Google. So, choose any of these methods below to log in according to your preference.
- Simply enter the email address and password and sign in.
- If you choose Microsoft, provide the login details you used to sign into the Microsoft account.
- If you select Facebook, a pop-up will appear asking for your permission to connect with the Facebook account. Tap Allow and GroupMe will use your Facebook login credentials to sign you into the GroupMe account.
- If you click Google, a new pop-up window will appear where you need to select a Google profile and enter its password. Then select Next to complete the syncing.
- Follow the on-screen guide to complete the sign in process. Once you’re done, it’ll direct you to the GroupMe dashboard.
Frequently Asked Questions
You don’t need the official app or a smartphone to use GroupMe. Log in to GroupMe through the browser, create a group, add people from your phonebook, and start chatting by sending text messages. Using GroupMe over SMS is only supported in the US.
To recover a GroupMe account, follow this quick process:
1. Open the Forgot Password page.
2. Enter your email id or mobile number.
3. Click Reset Password and follow the instructions to set a new password.
1. Log into your GroupMe account using a web browser.
2. Click your avatar (profile image).
3. Select the pencil icon and click Change Your Phone Number.
4. Select Change Number.
5. Enter the new phone number, click Send PIN and follow the on-screen guide to log into GroupMe on another phone.
Yes, you can have two GroupMe accounts. It’s easy to set multiple groups and send/receive direct messages using only one account.
If you have two GroupMe accounts and want to merge them, here’re the steps:
1. Log into the account using the email address you want to set as primary.
2. Click three lines at the upper right corner and open the Account Settings page.
3. You can find an area to add the secondary email address or mobile number. Add the information from your second account.
4. You will get a confirmation about the account merge on both email addresses.
Yes, you can private message on GroupMe by sending Direct Messages. But the other user must have the GroupMe app to receive your message. Unfortunately, GroupMe users over SMS aren’t able to use Direct Messages.