Live video broadcasting on Facebook is currently a popular trend. It allows people to stream live on their news feed that family, friends or followers can watch and interact with the broadcaster in the comment section. Moreover, you can find different types of Facebook Live videos. From creating brand awareness to educational, funny, creative and many more exciting footage worth watching. The following simple guide will tell you how to watch Facebook Live on mobile, desktop and TV.
Why Is Facebook Live So Important?
Facebook Live is a powerful way to connect with your followers or audience in real-time. Officially launched in January 2017, it became popular and important as well, especially for small businesses and brands.
Here’s why everyone prefers Facebook Live streaming:
- Live videos on Facebook engage with audiences six times more than regular videos on average.
- Users view Facebook Live streams three times than uploaded videos.
- Live Facebook videos get ten times more comments than on regular videos.
In short, it’s an effective way to build personal connections and share experiences while going Live on Facebook. It has been further seen that one out of five new Facebook videos is a Live stream and broadcast with billions of views everyday.
How To Watch Facebook Live?
Finding and watching a Facebook Live requires no genius mind. When someone from your friend list, group, page or celebrity you’re following, goes for stream on Facebook Live, it appears on your news feed. In addition, Facebook also notifies you about the new Live broadcasting.
Here is the step-by-step guide on how to watch Facebook Live videos.
Watch Live Facebook Videos On Mobile
The process is similar in both Android and iPhone.
- Open the Facebook app on your mobile.
- Tap the three horizontal lines at the upper right corner.
- Tap on See More.
- You can see the Live Videos option. Tap on it to open.
Now select any video and start watching.
Watch Live Facebook Videos On Desktop
To tune into Facebook Live videos on a desktop, you have two options:
- Use the navigation panel: The easiest way to access Facebook Live is through the navigation panel on the left side of the news feed. You can follow the process below:
- Open Facebook on a desktop browser and log in to your account.
- On the left-hand side, you can find the Live video option. Click it.
- If you don’t see the option, click See more and scroll down to select Live video.
This will take you directly to the Live section of Facebook Watch. On this page, you’ll get to see popular Live videos, Live sell videos, Live gaming, Live news and recently recorded Live videos. Additionally, you can use the search bar to find Facebook Live videos of your choice.
Use the URL: Another way to head over straight to the Facebook Live page on the desktop browser is using the service’s URL. Type facebook.com/live in the browser’s address bar and watch Facebook Live without an account if the stream is from a public page. This will save time and no need to log into the account even.
Watch Live Facebook Videos On TV
Do you want to enjoy Facebook Live stream on TV? With a Google Chromecast or a device having in-built Chromecast features like Nvidia streaming device or some Sony, Toshiba, Philips TVs etc., it’s possible to stream Facebook videos from the app on the TV. Both need to connect to the same Wi-Fi network.
Similarly, Apple TV and other AirPlay supported smart TVs,including some Samsung, Sony or LG, can already stream Live Facebook videos from an iOS device or web browser.
In order to watch a video from Facebook on TV, follow the steps below:
- Open Facebook on the phone or tablet and play a video.
- Tap the TV symbol on the top right corner.
- For Apple TV or AirPlay-enabled device users, choose AirPlay and Bluetooth and select the relevant device to watch on it. For Chromecast device users, select the streaming device or TV name from the list.
- Enjoy the video on your TV.
The best part is that while playing and watching the video on TV, you can scroll the news feed to check for other posts and stories. It won’t interrupt the video and eventually, you can enjoy this new way to watch Facebook Live on a bigger screen.
Anyone can now create, host, and share Live videos on social media with a smartphone and app. Similarly, Facebook Live is a great way to view interesting content, from broadcast events to friend’s party views on any device.
At the same time, you can communicate with the broadcaster and viewers while watching videos on Facebook Live. You can further invite friends to watch the Livestream and enjoy together.