Reddit is a popular and influential social media platform with millions of users and communities. Users can give Reddit awards to posts or comments they like or support. These awards have different costs and effects, such as highlighting, premium features, or charity donations. Reddit awards can help marketers reach and engage with their target audience on Reddit. They can boost their brand awareness, traffic, relationships, and insights. However, they need to plan and execute their awarding strategy carefully. This article will give you some tips and strategies on how to use Reddit awards effectively for marketing.
Understand the Different Types of Reddit Awards
Before you start awarding posts or comments on Reddit, you need to understand the different types of awards available and how they work. There are three main categories of awards: Community Awards, Global Awards, and Special Awards.
- Community Awards are specific to certain subreddits (communities) on Reddit. They are created by the moderators of those subreddits and can have different designs, costs, and effects. Some community awards may grant the recipient a portion of coins or donate some to the subreddit’s mod fund. Community awards can only be given and received within the same subreddit.
- Global Awards are awards that are available across all subreddits on Reddit. They are created by Reddit and have standard designs, costs, and effects. The most common global awards are Silver, Gold, and Platinum, which cost 100, 500, and 1800 coins, respectively. Silver awards only show a silver icon on the awarded content, while Gold and Platinum awards also grant the recipient some coins and access to premium features such as ad-free browsing and exclusive subreddits. There are also two higher-tier global awards: Argentium and Ternion All-Powerful, which cost 20,000 and 50,000 coins, respectively and grant the recipient more coins and premium features.
- Special Awards are awards available for a limited time or a specific occasion on Reddit. They are also created by Reddit and have unique designs, costs, and effects. Some special awards may donate a portion of coins to a charity or cause chosen by Reddit. Special awards can vary in availability depending on the season, event, or promotion.
You can view all the available awards for a post or comment by clicking on the “Give Award” button below it. You can also view all the awards you have received or given by visiting your profile page.
Research and Identify Your Target Audience
One of the best ways to research your target audience on Reddit is by using tools such as RedditMetrics, SubredditStats, RedditInsight, or Later for Reddit. These tools can help you find relevant subreddits for your niche, analyze their size, growth, activity, engagement, sentiment, keywords, topics, trends, influencers, competitors, and more.
Another way to research your target audience on Reddit is by browsing through different subreddits related to your niche and observing how users interact with each other. You can join these subreddits and participate in discussions, ask questions, provide value, or solicit feedback.
Set Clear Goals and Objectives
Before you start awarding posts or comments on Reddit, you must set clear goals and objectives for your marketing campaign. This will help you measure your performance and evaluate your results.
Some of the possible goals and objectives for using Reddit awards are:
- Increase brand awareness
- Generate traffic to your website or landing page
- Build trust and credibility
- Establish thought leadership and authority
- Generate leads and conversions
- Increase customer loyalty and retention
- Gain insights and feedback
You should also define your key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics for each goal and objective. For example, if your goal is to increase brand awareness, some of the possible KPIs and metrics are:
- Number of awards given and received
- Number of impressions and views
- Number of upvotes and comments
- Number of mentions and referrals
- Number of followers and subscribers
By setting clear goals and objectives, you will be able to align your awarding strategy with your overall marketing strategy and optimize your budget and resources.
Select the Right Posts and Comments to Award
One of the most important aspects of using Reddit awards effectively is selecting the right posts and comments to award. This will help you maximize your impact and reach your target audience.
Some of the criteria for selecting the right posts and comments to award are:
- Relevance: The post or comment should be relevant to your niche, industry, product, service, or offer. It should also be relevant to the subreddit where it is posted or commented.
- Quality: The post or comment should be high-quality, informative, valuable, helpful, insightful, original, creative, or entertaining. It should also follow the rules and guidelines of the subreddit where it is posted or commented.
- Engagement: The post or comment should have a high level of engagement, such as upvotes, comments, awards, or shares. It should also have a positive sentiment and tone.
- Influence: The post or comment should be posted or commented by an influential user, such as a moderator, a verified user, a celebrity, an expert, a leader, or a popular user. It should also have a large or loyal following.
Strategic Timing of Awarding
Another important aspect of using Reddit awards effectively is strategic timing of awarding. This will help you optimize your exposure and impact.
Some of the factors to consider for strategic timing of awarding are:
- Timing awards for maximum impact: You should time your awards for when they can have the most impact on the post or comment. For example, you can award a post or comment when it is new or rising, when it is on the front page or the top of the subreddit, when it has a lot of engagement or attention, or when it is relevant to a current event or trend.
- Leveraging peak activity times: You should also leverage the peak activity times of your target audience on Reddit. For example, you can use tools such as Later for Reddit or RedditInsight to find out when your target subreddits are most active and when your target users are most online. You can then schedule your awards accordingly.
Utilize Award Messaging Effectively
One of the features that Reddit offers for awarding posts or comments is award messaging. This is an optional message that you can send to the recipient of your award along with the award icon. The message can be up to 100 characters long and can be seen by the recipient in their inbox.
Measure and Analyze Results
- Track impact: Monitor how Reddit awards impact your posts, comments, and website. Use tools like RedditInsight, RedditMetrics, or Google Analytics to track metrics such as impressions, views, upvotes, comments, awards, clicks, visits, conversions, and more.
- Adjust strategy: Analyze insights from tools like RedditInsight, SubredditStats, Later for Reddit, or Google Analytics. Consider metrics like sentiment, tone, keywords, topics, trends, influencers, and competitors. Optimize your awarding strategy based on what resonates with your target audience.
Using Reddit awards strategically can help marketers reach and engage their target audience, boost brand awareness, drive traffic, build relationships, and gain audience insights. Here are tips on using Reddit awards effectively for your marketing goals. We hope you found this article helpful.