If you want to modify your Discord chat app, BetterDiscord can be a good option. It’s an extension that lets you add plugins to extend Discord’s functionality, use customized themes, additional features and other utilities.
However, Discord’s Terms of Service don’t allow BetterDiscord to modify the platform. They can even ban users who might be using this plugin. Further, a newer version called Bandaged BetterDiscord has been launched that offers more new and unique features.
Regardless of the reasons, if you want to know how to uninstall BetterDiscord, here are the methods.
How to Uninstall BetterDiscord?
Unfortunately, there is no straightforward way to uninstall BetterDiscord once installed. But, we’ve listed the following methods that you can try to remove the app quickly from your device. So, let’s get into it.
1. Replace the Discord.exe file
The first thing you can try is to download the .exe file from the official site of Discord and launch it without removing the Discord app. Here’s how to do:
- Download Discord on your device.
- The .exe file will be located into the download folder.
- Double click on that setup file to start the installation process.
- Follow the step-by-step instructions during the installation. This will replace the previously installed app with a fresh installation on your system.
2. Remove Discord from app data
Removing the .exe file of Discord from the app data can help to uninstall BetterDiscord. Here’s the process.
1. Press Windows key+R to open the Run command, type %appdata% and hit enter.
2. Right-click the BetterDiscord folder and choose Delete.
3. Again open Run, type %localappdata% and click Ok.
4. Go to the following location:
5. Search for BetterDiscord and delete the folder.
6. Next, navigate to the location:
7. Select and delete the App folder from the location.
8. To re-install Discord, visit discord.com, download it for Windows and install the setup.
Once you launch Discord, it will run without BetterDiscord.
3. Uninstall and Reinstall Discord Again
If the above methods don’t work, you can uninstall BetterDiscord by removing the Discord app completely from your device. This will remove the BetterDiscord file as well.
Follow the steps below to uninstall and re-install Discord:
For Windows users
1. Press Windows key+I to open Settings.
2. Go to Apps and select Discord.
3. Click on Uninstall. Click Uninstall on the popup to confirm.
After uninstalling Discord, re-install the app from the official website of Discord.
For Mac Users:
- Click the Finder icon bottom of the panel and select Application on the left menu.
- Find Discord, right-click it and select Move to Trash.
- Now, go to the official Discord page and download it for Mac.
This method will re-install Discord without BetterDiscord.
Hopefully, now you’ll be able to uninstall BetterDiscord from both Windows and Mac. If you have any trouble with it, check the processes once again or contact Discord support.