Blocking in Instagram is a great way to prevent any annoying or unwanted person from viewing your posts, stories and sending messages. But at some point, if you change your mind, it’s easy to undo the action.
You can unblock someone on Instagram through their profile, from your settings page or using Instagram Direct.
Find out the processes in the following guide.
Unblock Someone through Their Instagram Profile
To unblock someone on Instagram through their Instagram profile, follow the steps below
1. Search by the blocked person’s username and open the profile.
2. You can see an Unblock button instead of Follow or Following. Tap it.
3. Again tap Unblock on the confirmation pop-up.
4. Tap OK.
Refresh the page to view content if it’s not a private account.
Tip: If that person has deleted the account, you won’t find and unblock it.
Unblock an Instagram User through Settings
If you can’t remember the blocked person’s Instagram username, unblock them through your settings. Here are the steps:
1. Open your Instagram account and tap your profile picture from the bottom right.
2. Tap three vertical lines at the top right and tap Settings.
3. Under Settings, select Privacy.
4. Scroll down to select Blocked Accounts.
5. It’ll open the list of blocked profiles. To unblock an Instagram user, tap Unblock beside the account name.
6. Again tap Unblock to confirm.
Unblock Someone on Instagram through Direct
1. Go to your Instagram account.
2. Tap the messenger icon in the upper right corner.
3. Browse to find the chat with the person you wish to unblock. Or type his/her username in the chat search bar to locate easily.
4. Open the chat and tap Unblock below.
5. Tap Unblock again.
What happens when you unblock people on Instagram?
When you unblock an Instagram profile, here are the consequences:
- It won’t restore their previous likes and comments on your posts.
- They won’t receive any notification about being unblocked by you.
- They will be able to search for you again.
- They can follow you or send you a follow request.
- They can view your posts and stories if your account is public.
- They can DM (Direct Message) you on Instagram.