Is anyone making chaos or sending spam messages on your Discord channel? Then being a server administrator, you’ve the right to ban that user. Or maybe Discord has itself banned someone to prevent spamming and trolling.
Since its launch in 2015, Discord has become a popular platform for online gamers. It’s easy to build communication with other gamers or friends from another group while playing games. Generally, it gained attention because of the interruption-free chatting via audio and video with the playmates.
However, like other social media, users can also face a ban in Discord. They have the authority to ban someone from their system if anyone violates their rules and regulations.
Not only Discord but also the server moderator can ban a user for spreading hatred, violence or inappropriate contents. Any illegal activity is strictly prohibited on Discord.
But what if someone gets banned accidentally? Or maybe the person has apologized for his action and requested to lift the ban. So, is it possible to unban someone on Discord? Yes, indeed.
Unbanning someone or yourself is not a difficult task. However, one can remove the ban only if the person is a server administrator. Or else appeal a request to Discord admin to unban the account.
Don’t know how to unban someone on Discord? No issue. Follow the article thoroughly to know about the Discord ban and the steps to remove it.
Why Would Discord Ban You?
Have you followed the rules properly? If not, then Discord or server admin can ban you. Here are the following reasons.
- Spreading hatred
- Sending spam messages
- Creating spam accounts
- Impersonating someone else
- Sending friend request or the same messages continuously
- Violating the copyright
- Posting suicidal or blackmailing messages
- Posting adult contents
- Pretending to be someone else, i.e., impersonating
- Sharing NSFW (Not-Safe-For-Work) messages on SFW servers without labeling
- Leaking private messages and contents
- Posting another Discord advertisement
- Performing any illegal activities
Who Can Ban You on Discord?
Discord can ban the user in two ways, either server ban or system-wide ban.
In the server ban, usually, the owner or administrator of a certain Discord server bans you. You won’t get any notification about the ban. However, you can only see the server is missing and can’t send, post or view messages or join voice channels. Unless they are sending a fresh invitation to join, you’ll be out of that server. But you can still access the other Discord servers.
On the other hand, if Discord finds you violating its policies, you will be removed permanently. This is a system-wide ban where the banned user can’t join any Discord server.
What Will Happen After Discord Bans You?
Eventually, what happens next after banning you depends on the type of ban. Here are the following consequences.
- You can’t visit the chat server.
- You can’t see the other users from that particular server.
- It’s not possible to send text messages or join other voice channels.
- You can switch to another Discord server if it’s a server ban. Otherwise, with the same account, you can’t access any server.
- Even if you change the username or account, Discord can prevent you from using their service because they can identify the IP address. Hence you or other people won’t be able to access their server as the IP remains the same. It’s called an IP ban.
How to Unban Someone on Discord?
It’s important to realize that you must be the server administrator to unban a banned user. In case you’re not the administrator, you need to request that server’s administrator unban a particular account.
Now, unbanning someone on Discord using a computer is relatively easy. But if you’re a mobile or Windows, Mac or Chromebook user, don’t worry. The process is not very difficult.
Let’s see how to unban someone on Discord.
Steps to Unban Someone on Discord Using Desktop Browser
Unbanning someone using a desktop browser is the same for Windows, Mac or Chromebook. Here how it’s done.
- Open the Discord app on the computer.
- Head over to the server channel from which you want to unban someone.
- From the top left corner, click the down arrow beside the server name.
- Click Server Settings from the drop-down menu.
- From the left menu, click Bans.You can see the list of all banned users on the right side.
- Select the user to unban or type the user name at the search bar to find.
- A pop-up message will appear. Click Revoke Ban.
- Click Done.
Once you’re done, the user can access the server.
Steps to Unban Someone on Discord Using Computer App
Another easy way to unban someone on a Discord server is through the computer app. Follow the process below.
- Open the Discord app on your computer.
- Go to the specific server or channel from the left side of the page.
- Right-click on the server and select Server Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Click Overview.
- Click Bans at the bottom from the left side.
- Select the person to unban from the list. To confirm, check the user ID.
- Click Revoke Ban.
Steps to Unban Someone on Discord Using MEE6
MEE6 is the Discord role bot used to assign custom roles for automated actions. If you’re wondering how to unban someone on Discord with MEE6, here are the steps to follow.
- Open Discord on the computer.
- Then, go to the server and click the drop-down arrow next to the server name.
- Click Server Settings.
- Click Bans.
- Select the member from the banned list or search by their user id on the search bar.
- Click Revoke Ban.
Steps to Unban Someone on Discord Using Carl
Carl is another advanced Discord bot for custom commands, reaction roles, managing logs, storing chats and so on. Unbanning someone with Carl on Discord is nothing different than with MEE6.
- Open the Discord server on the computer.
- Click the drop-down arrow adjacent to the server name.
- Click on Server Settings.
- Scroll down to click on Bans.
- From the right side list, select the user whom you want to unban.
- Click on Revoke Ban.
Steps to Unban Someone on Discord Using Dyno
Do you use Dyno Bot on Discord? No problem. The process of unbanning a user with Dyno is similar to MEE6 and Carl. Follow the steps to get it done.
- Open Discord on the computer.
- Select the server from which you have banned the user.
- Click the drop-down arrow from the top left corner.
- Click Server Settings.
- Click Bans from the left screen.
- Choose the person you want to unban from the list, appeared on the right screen.
- Click Revoke Ban from the pop-up message.
It’s simple as that. Now the person will be able to access the server.
Steps to Unban Someone on Discord Using PC
Unbanning someone using a PC is relatively similar in different processors like Mac/Windows/Chromebook.
Hence, follow the steps below for how to unban someone on Discord on a PC.
- Open Discord on your computer.
- From the left side, select the channel or server from which you want to unban a user.
- Click the drop-down arrow beside the server name and click Server Settings.
- Click Bans from the bottomto open the list of all banned users from that server.
- Select the user to unban.
- Click Revoke Ban.
Steps to Unban Someone on Discord Using Android/iOS Device
Except for, computer app or browser, you can even unban someone on a smartphone too. However, the steps are the same for both Android or iPhone users.
Let’s know the process.
- Open Discord on your phone.
- Select the server from the left side on which you’ve banned someone.
- Once you get it, tap the three dots icon from the top left corner.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and tap Bans.
- Tap on the name you want to unban.
- Finally, tap on Revoke Ban.
Isn’t it easy? Now you can unban anyone from a Discord server with some quick steps if you’re the server administrator.
What is IP Ban on Discord?
When you ban a user on a Discord server, you’re banning his/her IP address as well. So in the future, that user or anyone can’t access the server using the same IP. Even if they make a new account, they will still be unable to use the server as the IP address remains the same.
How to IP ban someone on Discord?
Here are the steps to follow to IP ban someone on Discord.
- Open Discord on the computer.
- Select the server on the left side from which you want to IP ban.
- Select the user to ban on that server.
- Right-click on the name and click Bans from the drop-down menu.
- A pop-up menu will appear where you can delete the comments of that user.
- Provide the reason for the ban in the comment box.
- Click Ban.
Is Discord Ban Permanent or Not?
Whether the Discord ban is permanent or not depends on the type of ban. As you already know, there are two types of ban in which only the system-wide ban is permanent. Here, you are completely removed from Discord for violating its policies.
On the other hand, a server ban is an IP-based ban. That means everyone using the same IP address gets banned too. Luckily, this is not permanent, as the moderator can unban you from a certain server.
Generally, the ban stays for hours, weeks or a maximum of 6 months. In the meantime, you can reach the server administrator and request to remove the ban. Or else try other Discord servers available to you.
Write An Appeal To Get Unbanned On Discord
Is it possible to get unbanned on Discord?Eventually, it depends on the type of ban and the moderator/administrator. But yes, it’s possible. However, keep in mind, you can’t do it by yourself.
If it’s a server ban, there is a chance for you. Contact the moderator and apologize for whatever made them ban you. But if the moderator has blocked you already, there is no possibility of revoking the ban.
Further, Discord can ban you from their system by mistake or any valid reason. So, without delay, try to contact Discord admin and appeal. Let them know you are sorry for disrespecting their rules.
To remove the ban, you may write to the Discord service.
- Go to Discord’s Submit a request page.
- Select Trust & Safety under What can we help you with?.
- Select the Appeal an action Trust & Safety took on my account under Report Type.
- Specify the ban details.
- Attach documents if you have any.
- Select Submit.
The Trust & Safety team will get back to you once they receive the request. Hopefully, they will lift the ban.
How to Bypass a Discord Ban?
If Discord doesn’t agree to lift the ban from you, then you can bypass it. But remember, you may be violating Discord’s Term of Service. However, after getting back to the old server, make sure you don’t hamper any rule. Otherwise, you’ll put yourself at greater risk.
Yet, there are two methods to bypass the IP ban. Either use mobile data instead of WiFi and vice-versa or use a VPN. In both cases, you need to create a new account.
Switch to a different network
As already discussed, Discord bans the IP address as well in both server ban and system-wide ban. Even if you create a new account to access it, you won’t get too far with the same IP address.
So, to gain access, you can choose a different service network.
- If you’re using WiFi on the mobile, then switch to mobile data or vice-versa.
- Create a new Discord account.
- Log in using mobile data or WiFi.
- Log out from the account.
As now you’ve successfully created a new account, switch back to your default data source. Sign in to the new Discord account and check if it has resolved your problem.
Use a VPN
If switching to a different internet source doesn’t work, then try this method. Using a Virtual Private Network (VPN) may help you to lift the ban.
Here you’re rerouting the internet through a different server of another location far away from you. In short, VPN masks your IP address. Hence, it isn’t easy to track you.
Here’s how to use a VPN to lift the Discord ban.
- Set the VPN service.
- Open Discord on your device and create an account using a new email address.
- Sign in to access the banned Discord server or a new one.
Can You Ban The Same Member Twice?
Yes, it’s possible to ban the same member again after unbanning. As a server administrator, if you find a valid reason, then ban the person.
In case the user apologizes not to repeat the mistake. You can unban him by following the same steps on how to unban someone on Discord.
How To Keep Track Of Updates On Discord?
You may find the updates on Discord’s Announcements page. Here you can keep track of every update, new feature and problem. Moreover, This page will guide you on how to solve issues popping up on your Discord. Additionally, information regarding recently added or removed services from Discord are also available here.
Whether by using a computer or smartphone, it’s easy to unban any member on Discord. However, it depends on the server moderator/administrator. If the user apologizes and explains his actions properly, you can remove the ban.
But if someone is found out spreading havoc or spam, Discord will ban them permanently.
So to avoid any violation, go through the Discord guideline. Make sure you don’t do certain things that may put you in such a mess. Be cautious of your actions and the contents you’re sharing. Otherwise, you can also get blocked or banned permanently from Discord. In this way, Discord protects its users from getting spammed and interrupted.