Google Assistant is an in-built voice assistant for Android devices used in daily life. All you need is to say “Hey, Google” or “Ok, Google” to activate it and ask anything. It performs over 1 million actions, including communication, games, music, sports, news, scheduling tasks etc.
Although it’s adopting new features regularly, not all users are great fans. Google Assistant keeps popping up without any reason and interrupts work. The best solution is to disable it completely. Follow the quick guide on how to turn off Google Assistant.
How to Turn Off Google Assistant On Android?
Finding the settings to shut down Google Assistant can be challenging but not difficult. Here are the steps to follow:
- Open the Google app on your Android mobile or tablet.
- Tap on your Profile image on the top right corner.
- Tap Settings and select Google Assistant.
- Scroll down to find and select General.
- Toggle the switch off for Google Assistant.
Remember, you can always turn it back on following the same steps. You need to toggle the switch on in that case.
An alternate way to disable Google Assistant completely in just a few taps is as follows:
- Tap and hold the Home button.
- Say “Hey Google, open assistant settings”.
- Under Popular Settings, scroll down to tap General.
- Turn off Google Assistant.
Google Assistant is built to keep user information secure and private. It only activates upon hearing the wake words. But sometimes, due to incorrect detection for noise, it suddenly pops up on the screen. Thankfully, deactivating or turning off this digital helper is now at your fingertip.