Facebook has become a part of our routine. We take our phone or laptop and directly open Facebook to see what’s going on. With 2.6 billion active users, Facebook is growing daily.
However, with huge users comes privacy concern. Anyone can post anything and comment on it. You may not like everyone’s view. Sometimes, those comments are like throwing a knife at you. But sadly, it’s still not possible to turn off comments on an individual’s posts. Turning off comments is only available for groups posts.
For whatever reason, Facebook hasn’t added this feature. There are some ways to control who can comment. Changing your privacy settings may help you to turn off comments of someone in particular.
How to Turn Off Comments on Your Facebook Posts?
Unfortunately, you can’t turn off comments on your posts on Facebook. This is possible only for Facebook group. Hopefully, Facebook will bring this feature for individual’s profile posts too.
However, if you don’t like someone particular from the friend list to comment on your post, change the settings.
How to Control Who Can Comment on Your Facebook Posts?
Eventually, Facebook has given you the power to control who can see/comment on your posts. Whether your posts are public or private, you have options to choose your audience.
Let’s know in which cases you may want to control or turn off the comments.
Turn Off Comments on Public Posts
Well, by default, anyone can comment on your public posts. It doesn’t matter if they’re on the friend list or not. Thankfully, you can decide who can comment.
- Open your Facebook account on your browser or mobile.
- Click the Three vertical rows at the top right corner.
- Go to Settings & Privacy and click Settings.
- Scroll down to select Public Posts under Privacy.
- You may see different options available. Go to Public Post Comments.
- There are three options: ‘Public’, ‘Friends of friends’ and ‘Friends’. Turn off the switch beside Public and select from the other two options.
Now no random unwanted person can bother you in the comment section.
Turn Off Comments on Individual Posts
Want to hide your specific post from someone? Then, change the setting for that post only. It’s very easy to change your audience for any individual post rather than changing the entire setting.
- While posting something on your timeline, there is a Drop-down below your profile picture.
- Click on it. You will get options like ‘Friends‘, ‘Friends except‘, ‘Specific Friends‘ and ‘Only me‘.
- Select as per your choice and click Done.
- Then click on Post.
In effect, only a limited audience can see and comment on that post.
Turn Off Comments by Reviewing Tags
Yes, by reviewing and controlling tags, you can control the comment section. Friends sometimes tag you in their pictures or posts. You may not want other people from your friend list to see those pictures. So, change the settings on who can view your tags.
- Open your Facebook account and go to Settings.
- Under Privacy section, select Profile and Tagging.
- From the Tagging section, select “Who can see posts you’re tagged in on your profile”. Select either Friends or Friends except. In the later one, choose the people you don’t want to view the tagged posts. Thus, turn off the comment for them.
- The other two options are Only me, where only you can view the post and comment, and Specific Friend. Here add your preferred persons to see and comment on the tagged post.
Turn On Comment Ranking
Furthermore, you can try this alternative step. Turning on comment ranking will show only high ranked and relevant comments to you. The most likes or replied comments from verified pages or friends will appear at the top.
- Log in to your Facebook account. Click the three vertical rows at the top right.
- Go to Settings and Privacy>Settings>Public Posts.
- At the bottom of the page, toggle the switch on beside Comment Ranking.
However, you can’t turn off comments here but will see only high-quality comments.
How Do You Turn off Comments on Facebook Group Posts?
Are you the admin or a moderator of any Facebook group? Then you have the power to turn off commenting on posts. Even also, you can do the same if you made the post by own.
Closing off offensive or unnecessary comments in the group are required at some point. To do so
- Select the post in the group you want to edit settings.
- Click the Three vertical dots at the upper right corner.
- Select Turn off commenting.
You can turn it on again in the same way.
Finally, it may be concluded turning off comments for an individual post may seem impossible. Therefore, you can try other ways to limit down the visibility of posts. Add only known people to the friend list. If misbehaviors still happen, block the user immediately.