People use the giant social network, Facebook, to stay in touch with friends and family. Though sometimes, you just want to browse your timeline privately and don’t want to be disturbed.
If you want to hide your activity status after log into Facebook you can simply turn off the “active status” to appear offline.
This article will tell you how to turn off active status on Facebook on iPhone, Android and computer.
How to Turn Off Active Status on Facebook App
1. Tap at the top right corner.
2. Tap Setting under Setting and Privacy.
3. Tap Active status
4. Toggle off Show when you’re active.
How to Turn Off Active Status on Facebook on Computer
To turn off active status on Facebook
- Click Messenger icon in the top right corner of Facebook.
- Tap at the top just beside Messenger.
- Click Turn off Active Status.
- Choose any from the three options and click okay
Now you have to turn off the setting from everywhere you are using Messenger app or Facebook. Otherwise, you will still appear active or recently active whenever you log into Facebook or Messenger from any other place.
How to Turn Off Active Status in Messenger App
To turn off your active status in Messenger
- Go to Messenger and tap Profile Picture on the top left.
- Tap Active Status from the options.
- Toggle Show when you’re active to off and tap TURN OFF to confirm.
How to Turn Off Active Status in Messenger on Computer
- Log into your Facebook account from browser
- Click Messenger icon at in the top right side
- Click See all Messenger
- Click three dot button next to Chats.
- Click Preferences and Turn off Active Status.
- Selct anyone from the option and click okay.
Now you have successfully turned off active status on Facebook permanently.
Why do you Turn Off Active Status on Facebook?
It’s a personal choice for Facebook users. Some don’t bother if people can see them online, whereas some don’t want to be seen.
Sometimes, you only want to browse your Facebook timeline and check posts. But you will get disturbed if friends send you messages or an annoying person starts sneaking up on you. Therefore, if you don’t wish to let people know you’re online, turning off active status is the best option.
What happens when the Active Status is Off?
- People can still see you as active, recently active or currently in the same chat as them anywhere else where you’re using Facebook and Messenger unless you’re turning off the settings in each place or app.
- You can’t see when your friends or contacts are active, recently active or currently in the same chat as you.
- The incoming messages will still go to the Chat list for you to read later.
Facebook can be a great social app, but times come when you don’t want to engage with people. So, rather than deactivating the app, it’s better to appear offline. It takes a few seconds to turn off your active status on Facebook and avoid unwanted interferences.