Facebook Messenger allows people to chat with their friends and non-friends. Also, meesaenger can sync phone contacts to add people automatically from your contact list to messenger list.
However, it feels annoying when you keep receiving unwanted messages from someone and you decide to remove that person from your messenger.
Here we will discuss how to remove someone from messenger who is friends, non-friends and sync from phone contacts.
How to Remove someone from Messenger who is in your Friendlist
To remove someone from Messenger follow these steps
- Open Messenger app.
- Use the search bar and type the name of the person you want to remove.
- Open the chat and select the info icon at the extreme top right corner.
4. Scroll down to the bottom and tap Block.
5. Select Block Messages and Calls.
6. Also, select Block on Facebook and tap Block to confirm.
This is how you can remove someone from Messenger by blocking that person. After blocking, they’ll not be able to message and call you.
How to Remove someone from Messenger who is not on the Friend List (Non-Friends)
To remove someone from Messenger who is not on your friend list follow these steps :
- Open Messenger
- Find the person using the search tab.
- Open the conversation, tap the info icon from the upper right corner and select Block.
Now you have successfully removed a non-friend from Messenger. Neither you’ll see them active, nor will their messages pop up in the chat head anymore.
How to Stop Sync Contacts On Messenger
To stop sync contacts on Messenger try these steps.
- Open Messenger.
- Tap profile picture at the top left corner.
- Scroll down to select Phone Contacts.
4. Tap Manage contacts and Delete All Contacts.
5. To stop the contacts from being uploaded and synced again, go to Phone Contacts > Upload contacts > Turn off.
How to Ignore someone from Messenger
If you want to remove someone from Messenger without blocking, Facebook has that option too.
- Open the Messenger app on your Android mobile.
- Search the person typing the name and select to open the chat.
- Tap on the info icon from above.
4. Select Ignore Messages from below and tap Ignore on the pop-up message to confirm.
- Visit messenger.com.
- Find the person you want to ignore.
- Open the conversation window.
- Expand Privacy and support.
- Click Ignore messages.
In this way, the messages won’t appear on your Messenger. It’ll come as a message request. But don’t worry, the sender cannot know if his/her message is being ignored.
Although Facebook doesn’t provide a direct way to remove a Messenger contact, you need to block it. Such inconvenience can stop users to the Messenger app in the future. However, you can easily get rid of an annoying person on this platform in an alternative way, i.e., block them.
In case you don’t want to block that friend, Messenger has some great options. You can either select to mute messages or ignore messages on this app for individuals. In that manner also, it’ll help you to avoid someone on Messenger without informing them.