Zoom is a popular virtual meeting software that every organization is using today. However, there are some features of Zoom that not every user is aware of.
One of such features is raising hands”. You can raise your hand in Zoom to let the meeting host know that you have some queries without interrupting the meeting flow.
When you use the “raise hands” feature, a little hand icon will show beside your Zoom username to let the meeting host know that you wish to say something.
Info: If you are a meeting host, you cannot use the “raise hand” feature. Only Zoom meeting participants can use it to signal the host.
This article will guide you on how to raise your hand in Zoom using a phone or computer.
How to Raise Your Hand in Zoom on Android or iOS Phones?
If you are using your mobile phones to attend Zoom meetings, here’s how you can raise your hand using an Android or iOS device:
1. During a Zoom meeting, tap on the three horizontal dots labeled More in the bottom right corner of the toolbar.
2. Tap on Raise Hand from the pop-up menu.
3. The meeting host will get notifications about your virtual hand raise.
4. Once you finish your discussion, you can go back to the more menu once again to Lower Hand in Zoom.
How to Raise Your Hand in Zoom on PC or Mac?
Follow the steps to know how you can use the raise hand feature in Zoom using a computer.
- As a Zoom meeting participant, click on the Reactions icon that you will get on the bottom corner of the screen.
- Once a pop-up menu comes up, click on the Raise Hand button.
- You can see a blue hand emoji next to your Zoom username to confirm that you have successfully raised your hand.
- When you have finished your conversation, you can again click on Reactions and then Lower Hand to remove the hand emoji from the side of your name.
Note: You can also raise your hands in Zoom by pressing ALT+Y (For Windows) or Options+Y (For Mac) keys together. The same keyboard shortcuts are applicable for lowering hands in Zoom too.