The sharing feature on Facebook is a convenient and excellent way to show content posted by other users. Facebook Share also helps businesses to create engagement with new audiences and improve their brand reach.
However, while others’ Facebook posts are shareable, yours might not be. In that case, you simply need to change your privacy settings in order to make a Facebook post shareable.
If you don’t know the process of how to make a post shareable on Facebook, we’ve discussed everything in detail here.
How to Make a Post Shareable on Facebook From Desktop
If you want any other Facebook user to share your post, then make sure you select the “Public” option to make the post public before posting.
Follow these steps if you want to do that on a desktop computer.
1. Open Facebook’s website on a browser.
2. Click on What’s on your mind? to create a new post
3. Under the profile name, click the audience button.
4. There’re a total of six options to select from Public, Friends, Friends except, Specific Friends, Only me, and Custom.
5. Choose the Public as your audience.
Once you make Facebook posts shareable, anyone on or off the Facebook friend list can comment on that particular post and share it.
If you choose the option ‘Friends,’ only your friends on Facebook will be able to share your post. If you choose ‘Friends Except,’ then any of your friends can share the post except those whom you mentioned in this list.
Choosing the ‘Specific Friends’ option means that your post is only shared with people listed here, and ‘Only me’ means no one will be able to see or share your post. Selecting the ‘Custom’ option, you can make a list of people with whom you want to share your post.
How to Make a Post Shareable on Facebook From Mobile
If you would want other users to share your posts on Facebook, you need to choose the “Public” option for the post before publishing it.
Here’re the steps to do that from the mobile:
- Open your Facebook app.
- Create a new post.
- Tap the audience button under the profile name.
- Select Public as your audience.
- Tap the blue Post button in the top-right corner.
How to Make Your Facebook Post Shareable After Posting
It’s pretty easy to make your previous post shareable with everyone by changing the audience settings to Public.
In order to make one of your older posts public on Facebook from a desktop, follow the steps below:
1. Look for the post you want to make shareable on Facebook.
2. Click the three dots icon from the top right side.
3. Click on the Edit audience option
4. Select Public.
You can also easily change the privacy option of your Facebook post from the mobile app. Here’s how to do so:
1. Open the post you wish to make shareable on Facebook.
2. Tap the three dots in the top-right corner.
3. Tap Edit Privacy from the drop-down menu.
4. Select Public.
Alternatively, you could select the Edit Post option from the drop-down and tap the Audience settings icon to make the post public.
How to Make a Facebook Post Shareable on a Page
Here are the steps to make a Facebook post shareable on a page
1. Open your Facebook account.
2. From the home page, click on Pages located on the left side.
3. Select the page from the list that has the post you want to share.
4. Move down to search for the particular post.
5. Once you find the post, click on the Share button from the lower right corner of the post to share it with others.
6. All the posts on a page wall are by default set as Public, and the settings can’t be changed. So, the post can be shared by anyone who has access to the page.
How to Make Post Shareable on Facebook in a Group
Sharing content from a Facebook group depends on the privacy settings of that group. You can share posts only from a public group.
If you’re a member of a public group, you can easily share the posts with others. For that,
1. Click the Groups option on the left side of your Facebook home page.
2. Open the group where you want to post something.
3. Click on the Write something to create a new post.
4. Click on Post to share your post.
5. As the group is public, a share button will appear on the bottom right side of the post, which anyone can use to share your post.
Can You Make a Facebook Post Shareable in a Private Group?
If you’re in a private group, you won’t be able to share a post from that group outside of it.
If you would want to create a post in the group and also make it shareable, the best way would be to post it on your own timeline. After that, you can choose to share the post in a private group.
Here’s how to do it:
- Open your Facebook account.
- Create a post and make sure to set the audience settings as “Public”.
- Once you post it on your timeline, go to that post.
- Select the Share button in the lower right corner of the post.
- Click Share to a group.
- Choose the private group where you want to share it.
- Click Share, and your post will be visible to that private group along with your timeline, making it shareable for others.
Why does the Facebook Share Button Appear for Some Posts, Not Others?
It may be possible that the other user has set the post to private, not public. That’s why you aren’t able to see the share button.
You could request them to make it shareable. But there’s no guarantee that they will agree to do it.
Why do You Need to Make Facebook Posts Shareable?
- Sharing posts on Facebook helps drive traffic to a page and connect with new audiences.
- It also indicates the number of people sharing the content, so the owner can know which content is more popular.
However, sharing a post is not for everyone, as many users prefer privacy and don’t want to share their posts with the public.
That’s all. These are the possible ways to make a post shareable on Facebook easily. You can change the settings and make them shareable even for the older posts.
If you find this article helpful, please share them with others. Also, let us know in the comment section if there’s any problem while trying out the steps.