The sharing feature of Facebook is a great way to spread the news to people aware of certain things, encourage other people, or even ask for donations. Instead of reposting, a user can share the posts from the original source.
If you are getting messages or comments from your Facebook friends that they are not able to share your Facebook post, then it is time to make changes to your privacy settings.
Remember, this change would control the privacy of your future posts too. This means if you change the privacy from “Friends” to “Public”, the next posts will automatically be visible to all the public.
Changing the audience settings is not a big deal. Read on to know the easiest way of how to make a Facebook post shareable on mobile and desktop.
How to Make a Facebook Post Shareable
Make Facebook Post Sharable after Posting on Mobile
- Open the Facebook App or open your browser to log in to your Facebook account.
- Find the post that you want to make shareable.
- Tap on the “three dots” (highlighted in the picture) located at the top right of your post. From there, select the option “Edit post“.
4. Click on the Audience button just below your name. In the Select privacy section change the post privacy to “Public“.
5. Return back to your post by clicking on the arrow symbol “←” just beside “select privacy”.
Make Facebook Post Sharable on Desktop after Posting
1. If you want to modify your previous post’s privacy settings, then find your post from your timeline after login.
2. Similar to the mobile app, you can find three dots in the upper right corner, click on those dots.
3. There, you need to click “Edit Audience“.
4. A “Select Audience” popup will open. Once you select the audience type “Public” the popup will be closed automatically.
Now you are all set. Thus you can make your post shareable easily.
How to Make a New Post Shareable on Mobile & Desktop
1. Log in to your account by opening the Facebook mobile app or the Facebook official website in your browser.
2. Go to “What’s on your mind?” section. A “Create Post” popup will open.
3. Before posting the content or opinion set the Audience button to “Public“.
4. Click or tap on “Post” button and make it shareable.
Making a post shareable on Facebook is quite straightforward in 2021. However, ensure that you are not posting something that doesn’t match community guidelines or sharing something extremely personal.
Trolling and hate comments on Facebook can make one’s life hard, so be sure before publishing any post to the public.