Don’t get confused between flipping an image and rotating it. Both are different. While you’re flipping an image, you’re simply creating a mirror image.
In horizontal flipping, left side of the image is going to right side and vice versa. In vertical flipping, the bottom side of the image is flipping to upside and vice versa. Conversely, when you’re rotating an image, you’re only turning it upside down.
But how to flip the image in Google Docs? It is not so difficult. Google Docs provides editing tools for an image. With a few easy steps, you’ll learn quickly how to use them. Explore the article to know the simple ways to flip an image in Google Docs.
Quick Ways to Flip Image in Google Docs
People often ask how to use the image editing features in Google Docs to flip an image. Well, the answer is here. Before flipping any image, insert it in Google Doc first.
Let’s learn it step by step.
Ways to Flip the Image in Desktop PC
Insert The Image in Google Docs
- Open the Google Docs on your desktop.
- Next Open the document in which you wish to flip the image.
- Open the page in that document. Put your cursor on the place of that page where you want to insert the image.
- At the upper bar, you can see Insert. Click it.
- Go to the Images option.
- You may see different locations to select your image. Choose your desired one.
- Select the image and insert it.
And, you’re done. You can also drag the picture to your desired size.
Flip the Image in Google Docs
Now here comes the main part. To flip the inserted image, you can follow the steps below.
- Select the image and right-click on it.
- Click Copy to copy the image.
- Go back to the Insert, click it.
- Select Drawing.
- Then Select New.
- You will see a drawing tool has been opened.
- Right-click on the blank space in the drawing tool and click Paste.
- Then again, right-click on the image and go to option Rotate.
- You will find four different options to choose: Rotate clockwise by 90°, Rotate anticlockwise by 90°, Flip horizontally, Flip vertically.
- If you want to flip the image horizontally, then select Flip horizontally. If you want to flip vertically, select Flip vertically.
- Once you are done flipping, hit Save and Close button at the top of the drawing tool.
Now you can see your image has been flipped successfully.
Easy right? Then, let’s look at another way of flipping an image in Google Docs.
Changing the Margin of the Image
This is the second way for desktop. Here all you need is to change the margin of the image after inserting it. However, be careful. Changing the margin can ruin the image.
- At first, open Google Docs on your desktop and open the document.
- Select the image to flip. If you don’t have the image, then insert it.
- Go to the Insert option from the top bar and select Images.
- Upload your image from the given locations.
- Right-click on the image and click Copy.
- Go to Insert again and click on Drawing > New.
- On the opened drawing tool, right-click to paste the image.
- Now you can flip the image horizontally as well as vertically.
- For horizontal flipping, click on the left middle anchor point of the image to drag it to the right side. Then, click on the right middle anchor point. Move/drag the right anchor to the left side like flipping.
- Similarly, for vertical flipping, click on the upper middle anchor point of the image to drag it to the lower side. Then, click on the lower mid anchor and drag to the upper side.
- Adjust the margin of the image.
- You can see the image is flipped as you wanted. Hit Save and Close button.
Way to Flip the Image in Smartphone
Want to flip the image in a smartphone? But Google Docs app doesn’t have an image editing feature. So how to do it?
No issue. You have a solution too for this. All you need is to open a browser on your phone to do so.
- Open Google Chrome on your phone.
- From the three dots on top right corner, select Desktop site. Click it to ON the desktop mode.
- Type https://docs.google.com/document/ in the search bar and open the Google Docs on your mobile screen.
- Now select the document where you want to flip the image. Follow the necessary steps, same as already discussed above.
Hence your smartphone is now acting as a desktop, you can flip your image.
Now you’ve known all the possible ways to flip an image in Google Docs. Easy and quick to do. Give it a try and see the result.