Are you suspecting your kids using unwanted apps and hiding them on their Android phones? Then you may be curious to know how to find hidden apps on Android to track the mobile activities of your kids. Here you can learn all the possible methods to find out hidden apps on Android phones.
Most teenagers use unwanted apps for sharing inappropriate content among their friends’ circles. This is the reason they hide those apps not to get caught by their parents. These hidden apps are potentially dangerous that can cause violence, online bullying or harassment.
Apart from your kids’ phone, these apps can also be present on your phone and remain hidden. There are some spy apps on the market that get downloaded unknowingly on your phone. If you are not using an antivirus to protect the phone from threats, then you have to find out and remove those spy apps manually to protect your privacy. Finding hidden apps on Android can be challenging for some users. For that, we are here to help you to know how to find hidden spy apps on Android?
How to Find Hidden Apps on Android Phone?
If you want to find hidden spy apps or secret apps on Android, here is a quick and easy guide for how to find hidden spy apps on an Android phone.
Method 1: How to find hidden apps Using App Drawer
- Tap the App Drawer icon on the bottom right or bottom center of the home screen. It will usually look like a square or two rows of three dots on the home screen.
- Next, select the menu icon. It has a different look depending on your Android version. But mostly, it looks like three bars, two dots or a gear icon at the upper-right corner of the app list. If your Android mobile has the menu button at the lower-right side of the screen, tap on it.
- Tap Show hidden apps (applications). It will show a list of all apps that have been hidden from the app drawer and home screen.
- If the above-said option does not appear, there may not be hidden apps.
- To ensure that there’re no hidden apps on the Android device, select All to view the list of all apps.
Method 2: How to find hidden apps Using Settings
- First, tap the Settings icon and choose Apps & notifications from the menu. If things look different on your phone, just select the tab that opens your phone’s apps.
- You should now have access to the See all apps option. Select it and you can see all the apps. Simply scroll through to discover the device’s applications.
- If you or someone else did hide or deactivate apps, you should have the option to check those apps too. Search for a drop-down button that displays Disabled Apps.
How to Find Hidden Apps on Samsung?
- From the app drawer, tap the three dots in the upper-right corner of the screen to open Settings.
- Choose Hide apps from the drop-down menu.
- A list of apps is shown on your screen that have been hidden from the app list.
No app is hidden if you find this screen blank or the Hide Applications option is missing in that screen.
Finding hidden spy apps on Android mobiles is not that complicated if you know where to look. After applying the above-mentioned methods for how to find hidden apps on Android, you should now be able to find unwanted apps on Android that kids are using to hide their online activities.
Further, since you sometimes download unauthorized apps while visiting shady websites, find hidden apps on Android is a useful way to protect your privacy. Once you identify these apps, you can instantly remove them and secure your phone.