No matter if you own a small or large business, it is a fact that your business needs proper promotion to stand out in the crowd. Apart from offline promotions, you can never miss social media marketing opportunities. When talking about social media platforms, Facebook undoubtedly tops the list.
Yes, Facebook has 2.8 billion active monthly users. That’s why it is not hard to imagine that your business would get more exposer if you promote your business on Facebook. A business Facebook page can be utilized in many ways apart from promotions. You can use it as a customer support medium, or even you can sell your products.
Creating and promoting through a business Facebook page is not a big deal. But if you are someone who doesn’t like to mix business with personal life, then you would definitely want to have a Facebook page without linking it to your personal account.
It is understandable that you don’t want to share your confidential details such as email address or phone number, birthday with everyone on the internet.
So, if you are eager to know how to create a business Facebook page without a personal account, then you have come to the right place.
Read on to know how you can maximize your social media marketing opportunities without sharing your info.
Why Your Business Should Be on Facebook
Facebook is not only a place where you can chat and interact with your friends. It can also boost up your business in huge ways. This is because Facebook has more than 2.8 billion users worldwide, and creating a business page on Facebook gives you a great opportunity to interact with your target audience.
According to the latest survey, 98% of Business to Customer (B2C) Companies and 89% of Business to Business (B2B) Companies have Facebook pages. This clearly shows the importance of having a business Facebook page.
Facebook also acts as a great business review site. After Google and Amazon, Facebook comes on 3rd in the rankings of top business review sites. Overall it is a great option to promote your company, so if you still don’t have your own business page on Facebook, hurry up and make one because your competitors might already have one.
Facebook’s user Policy in Having a Business Facebook Page
Before creating a business page on Facebook, you have to keep in mind the following points to avoid any unwanted trouble:
1. Don’t make another account- If you are already using a personal Facebook account, then according to Facebook’s user policy, you are not allowed to make another account with another email id. So, it is recommended to open your Facebook business account with the same personal account that you use, otherwise, your business account might get deactivated.
2. Don’t use your business’s name for your personal account’s name: Using your business’s name in your personal account’s name violates Facebook’s user policy and Facebook might detect it as a fake account, resulting in the deactivation of the account.
Can you Create a Business Facebook Page Without a Personal Account?
Unfortunately, there is no way to open a business page on Facebook without your Personal account and creating a business page with another account will make it a fake profile and you can get banned anytime.
So, in order to make a legit Facebook business page, you have to use your real account. Using your personal profile doesn’t necessarily mean that you have to be active on it regularly; you can simply ignore your personal profile and post stuff on your business page about your business.
You can create your own Facebook business page from your computer in the following ways:
- Open Facebook.
- From the top of your profile, you will find an option called ‘Create’, click on the option and choose ‘page’.
- There, put your page’s desired name (preferably the name of your business).
- Next, you have to choose your business category, e.g., grocery business, clothing business, online food delivery, etc.
- Then you have to enter some information about your business like address, contact details, etc.
- Now, you can add a profile picture for your page; using your business logo as the profile picture can make people easily recognize your page
- You can also add a cover photo on your page which will make it look attractive.
- Finally, your own Facebook Business Page is ready!
Here’s how you can make your Facebook business page from your mobile:
- Open Facebook, go to the menu option, select ‘Pages’, tap on the ‘Create’ option and then tap on the ‘Get started’ option.
- Choose the category of your business page.
- Give a name to your page.
- You can also add your website’s link to your page if you want people to visit your web page.
- Add a suitable profile picture and cover photo.
- Your page is ready!
Facebook Business Manager
Facebook Business Manager is a tool that is used to manage the ads on your business page. It can also be used to add any external agency or partner to help or manage your business page. You can create a business manager, especially when you have your own business marketing team.
Once you create your business page, you can utilize Facebook business manager for the following reasons:
- Managing your Facebook pages.
- Sharing your page with other agencies
- Access multiple apps to increase your business presence on Facebook or Instagram.
- Run & track ads.
Can You Have A Business Page Without A Personal Profile?
In a word the answer is ‘No’. Without your personal profile, you cannot open a business page and if you open it with a different account, it will be detected as a fake account and it can get banned anytime.
However, there’s something you can do. Every business page needs an admin. So, more than one person can manage the page. If you don’t wish to use your personal account, then you can use some other profile of your employee to create the business page. You can be added as an admin. In this way, you can have a business page without your personal profile.
The good news is although your business page is connected with your personal profile, Facebook will always treat the profiles as separate entities. No one except you will know that both the accounts are connected.
Useful Tips to have an appealing Facebook Business Page
Once you have successfully created your own Facebook business page, you can add some useful features to it, such as:
Choosing the right category– Your business category will appear below your business page in the search results. So it becomes very important for you to select the right category and also make sure that it suits your business type.
Brief page description– Adding a brief description of your business in your page will make it easier for people to understand your business. So after making your own page, make sure to add a description of 1-2 sentences, this will be shown in the search results under your page.
Choosing the right template– Templates can impact your business page in a huge way. They help to provide the right content in your page for the users. Facebook offers many templates for business pages; make sure to find the right one and put it on your page.
Keeping a simple user name- Everyone will know your business page by its username, so be sure to keep a short, simple and easy-to-remember username for your page, so people can find it easily.
Call to Action (CTA) button- This is a very important thing that you must add to your Facebook business page. This button lets the users take actions such as contact us, buy now, book now and many more.
Is There Any Way to Keep Your Personal Profile Separate from the Business Page?
Creating a business page with your personal profile doesn’t mean you have to be active on both profiles. You can simply ignore your personal profile and just use your business page for your company because Facebook treats them as different entities.
This means if you share any personal photos, videos or anything else from your personal profile, it would never be shown from the business page. The same is applicable for your business page too. Posting anything on your business page will have no connection with the personal Facebook profile of yours.
Can You Post as Yourself on Your Business Page?
If you have logged in from your Facebook business page, then every post shared from that page will be from the business. However, you can react or comment on those posts as yourself.
- You will find a small circle with your business page’s profile picture under the post along with Like, Comment and Share options.
- Click the drop-down next to the circle.
- Select the profile or page to comment or like from, and write your comments.
You need to double-check before replying to someone’s comments on your business page, as you don’t want to confuse them by commenting from your personal account.
How to Post as an Admin of a Business Page?
If you are the admin of someone else’s page, then you can share your posts in the following way:
- Go to the page.
- Click the message “Go to Business Manager to manage this page” from the top of the page.
- Select the account you want to post as.
- Start posting.
Why liking Other Business Pages can be beneficial for You?
You can easily get access to a broader audience and make them interested in your service when you like your other business pages (your industry-related) on Facebook.
Not only pages, but you can also even join similar groups on Facebook and promote your business.
Suppose you have a business of hair care ranges, then you can like and join beauty-related Facebook pages, groups and get involved in the conversations.
However, you need to keep in mind that these groups’ purpose and If socializing, so you cannot promote your business in every post. This will make your page look spammy and you might even get blocked from these pages or groups.
So, what can you do? You, as your business, can respond to users’ queries while joining the conversation and build relationships with them to make them trust your brand.
Don’t expect that they will buy your product right away, but they might recognize your business when searching for such hair care products.
Building the online presence of your business page is necessary for today’s digital era. The process of creating a business Facebook page is not so complicated. Though it is completely not possible to separate your personal account from your business page, there are still ways to remove the spotlight from your private information. Facebook lets you hide your birthday, phone number, email address from other users. So, you don’t need to worry about your private information getting leaked.
While managing your business page, use best practices to get connected with the large and potential users on Facebook and grow your business.