Roku is an entertainment media player that uses Wifi to connect to a network for streaming on the TV. The Roku player requires a remote control to connect with WiFi.
However, if the remote is lost or becomes unresponsive or whether you’re on another network, it’s possible to connect Roku to Wifi without a remote.
In order to connect Roku to Wifi without remote, you need to set up mobile hotspot first and then download the Roku app to act as a remote and finally connect the Roku device to the same mobile hotspot network using the app.
How to Connect Roku to Wifi Without Remote
- Go to phone setting, select Mobile Hotspot.
- Tap Set up Mobile Hotspot.
- A Mobile Data usage notice will appear on your screen, tap OK and continue.
- Set the Wifi network name (SSID) and select WPA2 PSK as security mode.
- To activate the Mobile Hotspot tap Save.
- Now, install the Roku app from Google Play Store (Android user) and Apple Ios App store (IOS user).
- Tap the Roku app to open. Press the remote icon from the bottom of the app.
- A look alike hardware remote will appear on your screen.
- Now, connect to wifi using the virtual remote.
- Go to setting from your Roku app and find the wireless network.
- Select the network and enter your password to connect. Thus you can connect Roku to wifi without remote.