Persons who don’t like music are hard to find. Nowadays, many digital platforms are offering all kinds of songs—Spotify is the most popular among them.
People having Spotify accounts don’t only get to enjoy music from different genres; also, they can listen to millions of podcasts.
In order to make your Spotify experience smooth, the app developers work really hard. However, they might have overlooked a thing. That thing is the Spotify Username.
Yes, once you sign up for any digital service, you get a username. In the case of Spotify, the username gets set by default with a set of random numbers and letters. Users often get annoyed that they cannot change the username to something they desire.
Unfortunately, there’s no way to change your Spotify Username from the app itself. Please don’t get disheartened already, as there are some other ways to get it done.
For instance, you can change your Spotify username by connecting it with your Facebook profile.
Let’s get into details about how you can change your Spotify username.
Changing Your Spotify Username on a Computer
You can connect your Facebook account and overwrite the Spotify username with your Facebook username. Follow the step-by-step process to know how:
1. Turn on your computer and open the Spotify app.
2. You can find an arrow facing down at the extreme upper right corner, next to your profile picture and display name.
3. Click on that arrow to open a drop-down menu. Select “Settings” from there.
4. After this, the settings page will be there on your screen. Scroll down a little to find the “Social” tab.
5. Under the “social” tab, you can see an option to link your Facebook account with the Spotify account. You can find a blue button to “Connect with Facebook”.
6. Clicking the tab will open a pop-up window where you need to put your email ID and password to log in to your Facebook account.
7. Once both the accounts get linked, your Spotify username will get replaced with Facebook Username.
Changing Your Spotify Username on the Spotify Mobile App
The procedure to change your username in Spotify mobile app is kind of similar to the previously mentioned process.
1. First of all, start the Spotify app on your device to begin the process.
2. At the upper right corner of the app, you can see one gear icon. Click on it.
3. Clicking on the icon is going to open the settings page. From there, scroll down as long as you don’t find the “social” tab.
4. Tapping on the social tab will show some settings that can be turned off or on by toggling switches. At the bottom end, you can find the “Connect to Facebook” option.
5. Link your Facebook account with your Spotify account by tapping on that option.
6. Now, a pop-up window will open to seeking your permission to go ahead to link the profile. Select “Continue” to do so.
7. Now, automatically either your mobile’s browser or Facebook mobile app will get opened. Here if required, you need to put your credentials (email address and password) to log in to your Facebook profile.
8. Now your Facebook username is set as your Spotify username.
Changing Spotify Username by adding a Display Name in the Spotify Mobile App
This process is applicable only when you are using the Spotify mobile app from your mobile device. Currently, there is no option to do the same changes from desktops or laptops.
- Log in to your Spotify profile by opening the app at first.
2. In order to go to the settings page, tap on the gear icon that is at the upper right corner of the app.
3. You can find the “view profile” option at the top of the page, just underneath your name. Tap on it.
4. At the next screen, you can see the option to “edit profile”. From here, you can be able to change both your display name and profile photo.
5. Click on “save” to save the modifications.
Changing your Spotify Username on an iPhone
There are not many differences in the process of changing Spotify username in any mobile device irrespective of their operating system (Android or iOS). Let’s begin with the process.
- Install the Spotify mobile app on your iPhone and open it.
- Tap on the home icon that you can find at the bottom left corner of the app.
- On the next screen, tap on the “settings” icon in the upper left corner.
- Here you get to see the “view profile” option right under your name.
- Tapping on it will open a screen that reads “edit profile” From here, you can change your display name and as well as the profile picture.
- Click on “save” to save the changes.
Changing Username on Spotify if using a Chromebook
In order to install any application in Chromebook, one needs to download it from the “Chrome App Store”. Now the thing is, currently, there is no option to change a user’s Spotify username from the current Chromebook version.
Even Windows PC or MacBook users are not able to make the desired username change from their device.
The only possible way to change it is to log in to the mobile app from your phone.
Changing your Spotify Username without connecting it to Facebook
There might be some users who don’t want to link their Spotify account with their Facebook. This doesn’t mean that they should lose their hope to change their username in Spotify. In such cases, the user can contact the Spotify support team and ask for a new account with the same email ID.
That way, the user can keep their desired username. Plus, all the previous account data, such as music saved in the Spotify Library or their playlist, can get easily retrieved.
Creating a New Account to Change your Spotify Username
Deleting your previous account and creating a new one can help you to change the username in Spotify. This way, you don’t even need to link your Facebook account. As long as your playlists got saved, you don’t need to worry about anything.
Follow the steps to know the method:
Close your previous Spotify account
In order to begin the process of creating a new account, you need to delete or permanently close your previous account. Before deleting, you need to make sure that you have successfully canceled your subscription.
After that, automatically, your account will become a free account. Then you can raise the request to close the account.
New Account Sign-up
Once you close the previous account, create a new account in Spotify. You can either sign-up or reinstall the app to create a new account.
You can put your desired username when you fill the sign-up form.
Transferring the Music
As mentioned earlier, you can retrieve your playlist and saved songs from the previous account. What you can do is to raise a request to transfer your playlists and saved music to your new Spotify account. To get it done, you need to fill up a contact form. Someone from the Spotify support team will contact you within 48 hours and transfer the same.
Keep in mind that you only have 7days to raise such concern after deleting your account.
What’s in a name– It seems Spotify really believes in it. However, the procedures which are mentioned in the article can surely help you to change the username.
Though the processes might seem easy, be sure of your decision. You don’t want to have a new account or get into more hassle and waste your time just for the sake of changing a mere username.