DoorDash is one of the popular food delivery services operating in the United States, Australia, and Canada. Using DoorDash, customers can order food and groceries from local restaurants and stores. The online food delivery service provides customers with a long list of fast-food chains and local restaurants to choose from.
Ordering food and groceries online seems really convenient— however, there come some situations where after placing an order, you need to cancel it for whatever reasons. In case you want to cancel a DoorDash order, you can do that via the DoorDash app and website.
Now this will make you wonder if you will get a refund in case you cancel a DoorDash order. In order to get a refund, you will need to understand the refund policy of DoorDash first.
Go through this article to learn how to cancel a DoorDash order and get a refund instantly.
How to Cancel a DoorDash Order
Canceling a DoorDash order is different for each device. If you have placed an order from your mobile, you need to cancel it using the DoorDash app. On the other hand, if you have ordered food or groceries with your desktop, there are different ways to cancel the order.
- Open the DoorDash mobile app on your Android devices or iPhones.
- Select Menu from the bottom and tap on the Orders tab.
- Find the proceeding order from your order history. It will appear at the top of your order list.
- Tap View Order on the particular order that you want to cancel and from the next screen choose View Order details.
- Tap on Cancel items and select the cause of cancelation from the next screen.
- Tap on Help, located at the top right corner to begin the cancelation process.
- Next, select Can I cancel my order?
- You’ll get a notification from DoorDash regarding your refund type – a full, partial or no refund.
- Finally, tap Cancel to confirm the process.
- Go to doordash.com and log in to your account.
- Click on the three horizontal lines located at the top-left corner.
- From the menu, select Orders and choose the specific order you want to cancel.
- Click on Help, located in the right corner.
- Select Cancel Order.
- Next, follow the on-screen instructions to cancel your order.
Can you get a refund from DoorDash?
Yes. You can get a refund from DoorDash based on your order status and when you’ve canceled it. So, you need to be quick to receive a full refund, unless it gets late.
Here’s a quick guide on how refunds usually work on the platform
- Customers need to request a refund or dispute a charge within 14 days of a purchase order.
- Customers can apply for a refund request after 14 days also, but in that case, they need to provide the DoorDash order number. The refund request will be manually reviewed by the San Fransisco Headquarters.
- Payments made for orders that have been fulfilled and delivered are non-refundable.
- DoorDash is under no obligation to issue credits or refunds but does so at its own discretion.
- DoorDash can also offer gratuitous credits that customers can avail of for free.
You can get a full refund on your order if you cancel the order before the restaurant confirms it. So, it needs to be done instantly within a few minutes.
In case there’s no dasher available to get your order delivered for bad weather or any other condition, you are entitled to get a full refund.
If the restaurant started preparing your order and a delivery driver was designated but you did not receive your food, you could get a partial refund.
Remember that the app’s rating features are there should you experience any unsatisfactory service. DoorDash also allows you to report your driver if there are any more serious issues.
If the restaurant has confirmed your order and a Dasher gets assigned, you won’t get any refund.
Free DoorDash Credit
DoorDash often compensates its customers with free DoorDash credits. With the credits, you can buy anything from the DoorDash Store.
If the available DoorDash Credits are enough to cover your entire order, you will not require to pay any extra amount.
If you don’t receive the credited money within 7-10 days, you have to contact the Doordash support team.
In case you’re facing any problems with your delivery like Dasher asking you to cancel the order or the restaurant you’ve ordered food from is closed and you are unable to sort it out yourself, contact DoorDash support for help.
Now you’ve understood how to cancel Doordash orders and get a quick refund. Ensure to follow the above-mentioned DoorDash refund policy to get a refund fast for your canceled order.