iPhone users often reported that they received calls from hidden phone numbers. It can be a possibility that you are tired of answering unwanted calls every day and you wonder if there’s any way to block them.
So, here we’ll discuss how to block no caller ID calls on iPhone by using three simple Apple-certified ways. Let’s check them out.
Block No Caller ID Calls On iPhone using Do Not Disturb Method
The “Do Not Disturb” feature in iPhones is something that you can use when you have to focus on something and don’t want to get disturbed by any notifications. Activating the feature will help you to mute calls, app notifications or any other alerts even when your phone is locked.
The same feature will also help you to get rid of private calls notifications that show “no caller ID”. Here’s how you can set up “Do Not Disturb” on your iPhone.
1. Open Settings on your iPhone.
2. Scroll down until you find the Do Not Disturb option.
3. Activate the toggle you see next to the Do Not Disturb option on the next screen. You will see a moon-like icon on the status bar when the do not disturb mode gets activated on your iOS device.
4. From the next menu, scroll to the bottom and select All Calls which will show All contacts in the updated version. You can see a small checkmark appears on the right side of it.
Now your iPhone will only ring when people from your phone contact book call you. Calls from unknown and no caller ID will be muted.
Block Calls With Hidden Phone Numbers using Contacts
There’s an easy way to block calls from hidden phone numbers by just creating a new contact. Here’s what you need to do.
1. Go to Contacts on your iPhone and tap on the “+” sign located at the upper-right corner.
2. Type 000-000-0000 in the phone number box and save it using No Caller ID, Do Not Answer, or No Number.
3. Once you do it, again open the phone app and find the contact you have just created and then select it.
4. Scroll down and select Block this Caller.
5. A pop-up window will appear, which will display all the information about what happens when you block a number. Tap on Block Contact to confirm it.
Using cell phone carriers
The call-filter service that your wireless service provider offers is the best way to block” no caller ID” callers. Here you can find the details of the call filtering services plan offered by some of the popular cell phone networks in the U.S:
Verizon also offers a free and a premium plan for call-filtering. With the free plan, you can detect spam, block calls and report them. However, you can use more specific call blocking features with the premium plan (Call filter plus). The paid plan costs $2.99/month for a single line and $7.99/month for accounts with 3 or more eligible lines.
AT&T offers two call-filtering plans which will help you to block calls from No Caller ID. The company’s basic plan is free, but it has some limited features, whereas the premium monthly subscription plan, which costs $3.99/month, comes with some aggressive call blocking features.
Sprint also offers a basic free and a premium call-filtering plan to let you stop unwanted calls.
T-Mobile has three plans for blocking spam callers, out of which two are free. The Scam ID and Scam block services are free, which helps you to identify and block already known spammers and scammers. The paid plan is known as “Name ID”, using which you can block callers and reverse search them to take any action. The monthly charge for the premium plan is $4.
National Do Not Call Registry
You can register all your numbers with the National Do Not Call Registry, specifically designed to block unwanted seller or telemarketing calls. Call 1.888.382.1222 (TTY: 1.866.290.4236) or visit www.donotcall.go to register.
When you are concerned about your privacy, you will definitely want to block unwanted telemarketers or fraud callers that can ruin your mental peace. Other than these methods mentioned in this article, you can also use third-party apps such as Hiya, TrapCall, Truecaller, Robokiller to block unwanted calls.