Getting unwanted phone calls during a busy schedule is very irritating, especially when there’s no caller ID. Nuisance callers like telemarketers, spammers or robocalls now use this trick to block their numbers. So, you fall into their trap and receive the call.
The good thing is if you use iPhone, there’re many ways to stop these calls from interrupting your work. This guide will discuss such ways to block no caller ID on an iPhone.
Silence Unknown Callers on iPhone
The quickest way to block unknown callers with no caller id on iPhone is to silence them. It’s a built-in feature where calls from unknown numbers redirect to voice mail and appear in the recent call list. You can check the calls later and the callers can also leave you a message.
To turn on Silence Unknown Callers on iPhone:
1. Go to Settings on your iPhone.
2. Scroll down and tap Phone.
3. Tap Silence Unknown Callers.
4. Toggle on the slider to turn on the Silence Unknown Callers feature.
Incoming calls from numbers saved on the contact list, Siri Suggestions and recent calls list will continue to ring to notify you who’s calling.
The unknown numbers, including no caller id and with caller id, will be silenced and sent to voicemail.
Block No Caller ID Calls on iPhone Using Do Not Disturb
There’s another way you can block no caller ID on iPhone is using the Do Not Disturb mode. When activated, this mode on iPhone stops all incoming calls, notifications, texts and alerts from making sounds or you can allow calls from specific contacts only.
Here’s how to do it:
1. Open Settings on your iPhone.
2. Scroll down and select Focus.
3. Tap Do Not Disturb.
4. Under the Allowed Notifications section, tap People.
5. Tap Calls From and choose All Contacts.
6. To turn on the settings from Control Center, swipe down from the upper right corner of the screen.
7. Tap Focus (crescent moon icon) and select the focus that you just set.
Now, you’ll only receive calls from the numbers on your contact list. All other numbers will be sent to the voicemail.
Create A Fake No Caller ID Contact on iPhone
A smart way to block unknown numbers is to create a new contact and name it No Caller ID. However, iPhone can’t block private or hidden numbers as it’s unable to recognize them. So, creating a contact that mimics the unknown number helps you to prevent the call.
Here’s how it works:
1. Launch the Contact app and tap the + icon to create a new contact.
2. In the box for the contact’s name, enter No Caller ID.
3. In the add phone box for the phone number, type 000-000-0000.
4. Tap Done to save the new contact.
5. Next, scroll through the just added contact’s profile and select Block this Caller.
6. Tap Block Contact to confirm your selection.
Now, your iPhone will be able to recognize any private or hidden number as a blocked number. This way will stop your phone from ringing when you get a call from an unknown caller.
That’s all about the topic. If you’re tired of getting unknown calls with no caller id, these above-mentioned methods should help you to get rid of them. It may not stop them from calling you again, but your iPhone will stop ringing for sure.
If you have further queries and issues related to this article, let us know in the comments section. We will get back to you shortly.