Over time Facebook has introduced various features, and the most important of all is privacy setup for the friends list. It provides people full control over their profiles.
Facebook has a friends option located below the cover photo of your profile page. It is by default set to display all your friends to every people who see your profile.
If you don’t want to show your friends list to strangers, here we’re going to discuss everything about how you can hide mutual friends on Facebook using its new custom settings.
How to Hide Mutual Friends on Facebook Via Android & iPhone?
Follow these simple steps to hide mutual friends on Facebook, if you use the Facebook mobile app.
First, learn to hide mutual friends on Facebook using an Android
1. Open Facebook.
2. Tap the menu icon ≡ from the top right corner of the screen.
3. Scroll down and tap Settings & privacy.
4. Tap Settings.
5. Tap on the How people find and contact you option.
6. Now, tap Who can see your friends list?
7. Tap Only me. It’ll hide your friend list from everyone on Facebook.
By performing these steps you can hide mutual friends on Facebook so that other users can’t view them. But your present friends on Facebook can still see your mutual friends.
Hide Facebook mutual friends using iPhone
- Open Facebook on your iPhone.
- Tap the (≡) menu icon.
- Tap Settings> Account Settings> Privacy.
- Tap Who can see your friends list?
- Choose Only Me.
How to Hide Mutual Friends on Facebook from PC?
If you access Facebook from your PC, follow the steps below to hide mutual friends from your PC.
1. Visit the Facebook.com page.
2. Enter the proper credentials to log in.
3. Click on the down arrow located at the top right corner of your screen.
4. Click on Settings & privacy> Settings.
5. Now, tap on Privacy
6. Scroll down and click Edit beside Who can see your friends list?
7. Click the drop-down box and change the option to Only me.
How to Hide Friends List from Particular People?
We have discussed how to hide mutual friends on Facebook by using different devices until now. But in the following steps, we’ll discuss about how to hide your friends list from certain people.
- Log into your Facebook account.
- Tap on your name to open the profile page.
- Click on the Friends tab.
- Click the three dots icon beside Find Friends.
- Click on Edit privacy.
- Now, click the audience box beside Who can see your friends list?
- Click Custom and add people you want to hide your friends list from.
- Finally, click Save to finish the process.
Hopefully, this article will help you to hide your mutual friends on Facebook. Try out the suggested steps and share your feedback with us in the comment box. If you find this guide helpful, you can also check how to see sent friend requests on Facebook. Thank you!