Snapchat fans try to maintain Snapstreaks with their friends to continue the friendship. However, nothing is more frustrating than losing a Snapstreak with a friend.
If you’re unfamiliar with the term Snapstreak, it starts when you and a friend send Snaps to each other within 24 hours for more than three consecutive days. In case anyone misses sending Snaps, an hourglass emoji will appear next to the friend’s name, indicating that Snapstreak is going to expire.
Losing a Snapstreak means you have to start from scratch and sometimes, it may cause the end of friendships. So, is your Snapchat Streak lost? Here we will give you a quick guide on how to get it back.
Why do you lose your Snapchat Streak?
- The primary reason you lose your Snapchat Streak is you or your friend has failed to send Snaps to each other within the last 24 hours. But it might not be anyone’s fault.
- Additionally, internet connection problems, technical errors or Snap delivery fail can also be a reason why you lost a Snapchat Streak. If it shows “pending” then you must read this to know about it.
- The Snapchat app isn’t itself perfect. It sometimes faces software glitches or bugs. It’s possible that both of you have Snapped each other, but it didn’t deliver in time due to the server being down. Therefore, the Snapstreak is lost. But don’t worry; if the error is from Snapchat’s side, recovering the Streak is possible.
How to get back your Snapchat Streak that you Lost?
In order to get back your lost Snapchat Streak, simply contact the Snapchat Support Team and request them to restore your lost Streak. Try these below steps which usually take 5 minutes.
1. Open your Snapchat app and tap the profile icon above.
2. Select the Settings (gear icon) at the upper-right corner.
3. Under the Support section, tap I Need Help.
4. Select Contact Us and choose I lost my Snapstreak option.
5. Fill out the form with correct information, including your username, email id, phone number etc.
6. When it’s done, tap Send.
The Snapchat Support Team will review your request, inspect whether it’s an application error and restore the lost Snapstreak in the next 24 hours.
Remember, Snapchat can only recover the Streak if you convince them that you lost it due to a network or server issue. That means you haven’t got the hourglass icon as a reminder or you and the friend sent Snaps within 24 hours repeatedly without including Memories or Spectacle content in the Snap, but it still got expired.
If Snapchat cannot recover the Snapchat Streak, you need to start it from the beginning with that friend.
Frequently Asked Questions
Snapchat Streak is easy to start, but it can be a bit difficult to maintain if you don’t know the rules. Follow the below rules of Snapchat Streak:
· To continue a Snapstreak, both you and your friend must Snap (not chat) each other within 24 hours for consecutive days.
· The text conversations with friends won’t be counted as Snapchat Streak.
· Similar to chats, Snapchat Stories also will not count for the Streak. You need to send them to an individual user.
· If you think sending a Snap to a large number of friends in a group will help maintain the Snapstreak, unfortunately, Group Snap doesn’t count to start a Streak.
· Snaps included Spectacles content and Memories do not count towards your Snapchat Streak.
When a Snapchat Streak begins with a user, you’ll see a fire emoji next to their username. Apart from that, other emojis also appear, indicating different meanings.
Fire emoji: It means you and your friend have started a Snapstreak with each other. You can soon see a number beside the emoji about how many days you two have been Snapped back and forth.
Hourglass emoji: If you see this emoji next to the friend’s name, it means the Snapchat Streak with them is going to end. So, be aware when it appears.
100 emoji: This emoji appears beside the fire emoji if you and the other person have completed the Streak for 100 or more consecutive days.
Mountain emoji: It’s a rare emoji that appears when you both maintain a Streak on Snapchat for an extremely long time.
The answer can be yes and no. Streaks may be helpful to maintain friendships with friends, but at the same time, Streaks are of no use. Since, to keep the Streak going, Snapchatters need to send pictures/videos daily within 24 hours, those Snaps become meaningless objects after a time.
Snapchat Streak lets users develop their friendship as well as compete with rivals. Many young Snapchatters continue a longer Streak to express that they have a close bond with someone particular. The higher the Snapstreak count, the more popular they’re.
That’s all. I hope you’ve now understood how to get back a lost Snapchat Streak if it’s not from your end. If you have further queries, please let me know in the comment section and I’ll try to solve them to my best.