Watching live TV and on-demand programs at a lower cost have been easier with the Spectrum TV app. You can access the app from any compatible device online at home or on the go. Besides, it lets you search for content, browse for channel guides, schedule recordings etc.
However, the Spectrum app often fails to work due to internet failure, device malfunction or a corrupted and outdated app. If you don’t know how to fix the issue, you can’t enjoy its services.
So, in this guide, you’ll learn the easy solutions to fix your Spectrum app.
Why is My Spectrum App Not Working on My Smart TV?
Spectrum app may not work due to multiple reasons. Here are some common reasons the Spectrum app stops working:
- Internet connection issues: The Spectrum app cannot work if there’s fluctuation in the internet speed or the connection is lost completely. It’s a common issue of your Internet Service Provider that interrupts the streaming. The minimum recommended speed for the Spectrum app is 10 MBPS.
- Device malfunction: The Spectrum TV app issue can occur if the device you’re trying to connect to the internet blocks the signal transmission. It happens when there’s a corrupted cache in the device that prevents it from launching or functioning. The issue might also arise if the Spectrum cable gets disconnected or faulty.
- Corrupted TV app: Your Spectrum TV app might have been corrupted after long usage due to malware attacks or the shortage of device storage capacity. These can trigger an “RGE-1001-Service Unavailable” error code that points towards a connectivity issue.
- Outdated app version: An outdated version sometimes triggers the Spectrum app not working issue on your smart TV. Consequently, it fails to configure to connect properly with the servers.
- Spectrum Parental Control: When parental control is enabled on the Spectrum app, it blocks adult content, ratings, air date and time etc. It can be a possible reason why you’re unable to access certain programs on Spectrum.
- Low WiFi signal: If your device is allocated far away from the router or there’re obstacles between them or interferences from other devices, the WiFi signal won’t reach the device. The device requires a strong WiFi signal to stream the app.
- Location-restricted content: Some Spectrum app content or channels become unavailable if you’re not using your home network. Similarly, if you’ve disabled location permission for the My Spectrum app or tried to access it outside the US, the Spectrum app doesn’t work.
How To Fix Spectrum TV App Not Working Issue
1. Disconnect and Reconnect the Device
Try disconnecting your streaming device and reconnecting it again to access the service. It’ll remove any corrupted startup cache and software bugs that caused the problem.
- First, unplug your router, device and cable box if there’s any.
- Press and hold the power button of all devices for 15 seconds.
- Now reconnect these devices and turn on the power.
- The system may take some time to restore the internet connection.
- Try streaming with the Spectrum TV app and check if it works fine.
2. Check Internet Speed
If you’re using in-home WiFi, restart your Spectrum app and try again to troubleshoot the Spectrum app issue. Also, check whether you’re using at least 50 MBPS internet speed to access the Spectrum app.
If you’re not sure, ask your Internet Service Provider to give you the speed details. Or else, take a speed test online.
Additionally, make sure that there are no obstacles or other electronic devices interfering with your internet or WiFi signal.
3. Check for Service Status
You need to confirm if the Spectrum TV services are functioning properly in your region to understand the error is on your side or their server.
To do that, open Spectrum Storm Center from the bottom left corner and chat with the virtual agent using the “Ask Spectrum” option.
4. Disable Parental Control
To disable parental control on the Spectrum app, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Spectrum app.
- Select Settings and go to Parental Controls.
- Toggle off the ON/OFF button at the upper right corner and enter your parental control PIN to confirm the action.
5. Update Spectrum TV App
If you’re using an outdated Spectrum TV app, updating it can quickly fix the Spectrum app not working problem.
So, to update Spectrum on your device,
- Open Google Play Store on the device.
- Click Settings and choose Auto-update apps.
- Select Auto Update Apps at any time and wait until the update is finished.
- Once it’s done, stream content and check if the problem still persists.
6. Uninstall and Reinstall the Spectrum App
If updating the Spectrum app doesn’t fix the issue, you need to uninstall and reinstall it again to give it a fresh start. Reinstallation will delete any corrupted files that prevent the app from working.
To reinstall the Spectrum app on an Android TV, follow below steps:
- Open your Android TV home screen and click on Settings (the gear icon).
- Under Device, select Applications.
- Click Uninstall and Ok.
- Now, reinstall the app from the Play Store and log in with your username and password.
- Launch the app and it’ll work properly.
Hopefully, this article has been helpful to solve your Spectrum app not working error. Do you know any further tips to fix it? Then, please share with us through the comment box below.