Facebook is an excellent way to share your thoughts and creativity with audiences. But sometimes it happens that you’re typing something on Facebook and before hitting the post button, you get interrupted. Luckily, those posts aren’t lost but rather saved as drafts. Losing drafts are pretty frustrating because it’s challenging to retrace your thoughts and start over again.
Drafts can be your savior when you miss publishing a post on your Facebook profile or page. The drafts can be edited and published later using a PC, Android or iPhone. However, discovering the drafts can be daunting as there’s no particular option for it.
Don’t worry. In this guide, we’ll explain to you how to find drafts on Facebook on different devices.
How to Find Drafts on Facebook on a PC?
If you have created a business Facebook page, follow these steps for how to find drafts on a Facebook page from a PC.
1. Open your Facebook account on your PC.
2. Now, on the left side panel, click on Pages.
3. Select the page whose drafts you want to find.
4. Once you are done with that, click Publishing Tools from the left navigation menu. You’ll find it under Meta Business Suite.
5. Now, click Drafts here you can see a list of drafts that you have created.
6. You can publish the drafts directly, schedule them to post later or you can edit them as well.
The Facebook desktop app is convenient for updating status, creating a poll and sharing posts, photos and videos. However, it has one major disadvantage when the matter comes to draft management. The Facebook desktop app doesn’t allow you to save posts as drafts for your profile. You can only retrieve drafts if you don’t reload or exit the app.
Web browsers even can’t help you in this case. Such as, if you miss publishing a post on your profile, the draft will be lost once you refresh the timeline.
How to Find Drafts on Facebook using Android?
The Facebook app on Android allows drafts management for a Facebook page. If you couldn’t publish a post on a Page, you can find the draft and publish it or edit it.
Here’re the steps to find drafts on a Facebook Page using Android:
1. Launch Facebook and enter your credentials to log in.
2. Tap on the three horizontal lines from the top right corner.
3. Tap on pages. It will show all the pages under your management.
4. Select one of them whose draft you want to find.
5. Download the Meta Business Suite app and log in with the same Facebook email id and password.
6. Tap the Posts and Stories icon at the bottom of the screen and tap the drop-down arrow next to Published. Choose Drafts and it’ll show you the list containing all your saved drafts.
7. To post, or delete a draft, tap the three vertical dots next to the draft and select the option.
Personal Facebook Profile
The Facebook app comes in handy in several cases. Apart from sharing content, you can watch Facebook live, make payments as well as save and access drafts as many as you want. But here’s the thing. You can only view a draft from the notification that Facebook sent right after you saved the draft. In case you cancel the notification, it’s not possible to retrieve the draft. You need to create a new one.
Follow these steps:
1. Open your Facebook app.
2. Tap the Writer something here box and type something.
3. Tap the back button to exit the post and select Save as draft.
4. Once you save the draft, you’ll receive a “Your draft was saved” push notification.
5. Tap the notification to view the draft.
6. Select the draft to open it. You can select the three vertical dots beside the draft to open it or discard it.
Note that, the drafts get deleted automatically after three days from saving.
If you’re posting something interesting or informative, make sure to make the post shareable on Facebook. So other users can share it on their timelines or pages.
How to Find Drafts on Facebook using iPhone?
Here’s how to find drafts on Facebook when you’re using an iPhone:
- Open Facebook and log in.
- Tap the three-lines in the lower right corner.
- Tap Pages. Here, you will find all the pages that you manage on Facebook. Select a Page whose drafts you want to find.
- Download and log in to the Meta Business Suite app.
- Select the Pages & Stories icon below the screen.
- Select Drafts from the dropdown menu next to Published. You can check all your saved drafts that you have saved previously.
- To edit, publish, schedule or delete the draft, tap the three vertical dots and proceed.
Personal Facebook Profile
If you’re using Facebook on an iPhone, you can only save one draft at a time. It implies once you create a new draft, you’ll lose the previous one automatically.
To find the most recent drafts on iPhone:
- Launch the iOS Facebook app on your phone and log in using your credentials.
- Now go to your Facebook Profile page.
- If you have previously saved a draft, you will see a notification Finish your previous post? on the top of your profile page.
- Tap on the notification to find and manage your draft. Keep in mind that every latest draft will overwrite the existing one.
You can use any of the above-mentioned methods (based on your device type) to locate your saved drafts on your Facebook account or pages. Thanks for reading.