Have you noticed Facebook not saving recent searches? This irritating issue is affecting many users like you around the globe.
But don’t worry, as each problem has a solution, and this one has its fixes.
In this guide, you will learn, the common reasons for this problem and how to fix the “Facebook not saving recent searches” issue.
Why Do Recent Searches Not Saving on Facebook?
Sometimes, Facebook won’t save recent searches because of a weak internet connection, outdated app, or stored app memory.
Issues with Facebook’s servers can also be a reason behind the issue.
Learn about different reasons explaining why Facebook isn’t showing recent searches:
1. Internet Issue
An unstable internet connection to your device might cause Facebook search issues.
2. Outdated Facebook App
If your Facebook app isn’t updated, the search function might not work well, limiting feature use.
3. App’s Cache Memory
The Facebook app’s stored memory could cause problems with the search function.
4. Server Issues
Sometimes, Facebook’s servers have downtime because of usual technical problems.
Several features, including search, might need to be revised during these periods.
How to Fix Facebook Not Saving Recent Searches?
To fix Facebook not saving recent searches you can either check the activity log or the internet connectivity.
Other methods include such as restarting the device, updating Facebook, or clearing app cache.
Fix 1: Check Activity Logs
If you’re eager to view recent searches possibly unsaved by Facebook, your activity logs are the place to check.
All your Facebook activities, including searches, are recorded there.
One great feature of activity logs is the option to pick a specific date to review all actions.
This will ensure that you have actually made searches and that they aren’t going missing.
To check Activity Logs:
- Access Facebook on your computer.
- Click on your profile picture in the top right.
- Press the three-dot menu.
- Choose “Activity logs.”
- Select search history.
You can check activity logs on the Facebook mobile app by following the same steps.
Fix 2: Checking Internet Connectivity
Ensure your device has a stable internet connection while using Facebook.
A weak internet connection can cause problems like the search feature needing to be fixed.
Fix 3: Restart the Device
Sometimes, restarting the device can fix such issues while using Facebook.
To restart iPhone
- Go to Settings
- Tap on General
- Swipe up and tap on Shut down.
Fix 4: Update Facebook
Sometimes, you might be unaware of a new Facebook version. Usually, apps auto-update to prevent glitches.
However, if you’ve turned this feature off, your device won’t update the app. This can lead to software issues on Facebook.
Keeping the Facebook app updated is essential. Why? It helps eliminate bugs. Plus, you stay synced with the latest app features.
Here’s a simple guide to updating Facebook on mobile devices:
- Go to the Play Store or App Store.
- Tap on the search bar.
- Type “Facebook” and choose the app.
- If there’s an update, tap “Update“.
The Facebook app will be updated to the latest version and ready to use in a few minutes.
Fix 5: Clear the Facebook App Cache and Data
The Facebook app stores cache data to enhance user experience. Each app interaction generates a cache, improving algorithm efficiency and reducing load times.
However, accumulated cache might eventually cause glitches and errors in the app. To clear cache and data on Android, follow these steps:
- Open the phone’s “Settings” and tap “Apps & notifications.”
- Choose “Facebook” from the app list.
- Select “Storage“.
- Tap “Clear Cache.”
For iPhone users:
- Navigate to “Settings,” then “General.”
- Locate and select the “Facebook App.”
- Tap “Offload App.”
- Reinstall the Facebook app afterward.
Fix 6: Other Troubleshooting Methods
- Check Facebook Server Status: When recent searches on Facebook aren’t visible, it’s wise to check Facebook’s server status. If servers are down, this might be the reason why the search feature isn’t working correctly.
- Use Facebook Through Web Browser: If the Facebook app on your device isn’t working right, consider using Facebook through a web browser as an alternative. For now, you can use the Facebook website to continue your activities. Once you notice the app issue is fixed, you can use the Facebook app.