Facebook is a giant social media platform used by almost 1.9 billion people daily. But rather than being just a social networking service, it has also emerged as a successful digital marketplace.
Facebook Marketplace, launched in 2016, is a convenient way to find, buy and sell products locally or from businesses. It’s easy to browse for the desired item by filtering out the category.
However, lately, many users have complained about Facebook Marketplace not working. Due to some technical errors or account settings, Marketplace becomes unavailable. Follow the guide to learn quick fixes for all devices.
Why Facebook Marketplace Not Working?
If Facebook Marketplace not working, there can be certain reasons like the Facebook app is not updated, the device is not compatible or there is an age or geographic restriction.
Here are the following cases where Facebook hasn’t made Marketplace available to you right now:
- Your Facebook account is new. The platform doesn’t allow recently created accounts to access Marketplace to protect the Marketplace community from scams. If this is your case, wait for a while to get the option.
- You are not at least 18 years or older.
- You live or recently traveled in a location or country where Marketplace is not available.
- You are not using Facebook in the language that is allowed in Marketplace.
- You are using an outdated version of the Facebook app.
- You are using an iPhone model older than the iPhone 5, which is incompatible with Facebook Marketplace.
- Your access to Marketplace has been removed because you violate their Commerce Policies or Community Standards.
How to Fix Facebook Marketplace Not Working?
To fix Facebook Marketplace not working, try the following troubleshooting solutions.
Clear Browser Cache and Data
If you’re using Facebook on a browser, clearing browser cache and data is the quick way to fix the Facebook Marketplace not working issue.
Sometimes, browser cookies, cache or temporary data prevent you from accessing sites faster. Hence, clearing them can solve your problem. Here’s the process:
1. If you’re a Chrome user, open it on your computer.
2. Click the three dots menu on the upper right corner and select More tools > Clear browsing data.
3. Set the time range to All time from the drop-down.
4. Checkmark the boxes for Cookies and other site data and Caches images and files.
5. Click Clear data below.
6. Restart the PC, open Facebook and check if it solves the Marketplace not loading error.
Log Out and Re-login to Facebook Account
You can log out from your Facebook account by clicking the small arrow at the upper right and select Logout. Then refresh the page and log in back with your id and password to see Facebook Marketplace is working now.
Remove Browser Add-ons or Extensions
Facebook Marketplace might not work on your web browser if it has installed 3rd party add-ons or extensions.
If an extension is malicious, it causes spam and allows 3rd parties to read, copy and change Facebook information. Therefore, when Facebook detects suspicious activity on your account, it limits access. Removing such browser add-ons/extensions can troubleshoot the problem.
To remove extensions on Google Chrome, open Chrome on your PC, find the extension icon at the top right in the address bar, right-click on it and select Remove from Chrome.
If you can’t find the icon, follow the steps:
1. Open Chrome on your PC and click the three dots from the top right.
2. Select More tools > Extensions.
3. Find the extension you want to remove and click Remove.
4. Confirm it by clicking Remove on the popup.
Switch to Another Browser
When you can’t access Facebook Marketplace on a browser, switch to another browser to solve your problem.
If Marketplace is working fine on a new browser, maybe the previous one has a compatibility or accessibility issue with Facebook Marketplace. So, download and install another browser of your choice, log in to Facebook and check if you can access Marketplace.
Update Facebook App
Make sure your Facebook app is fully updated. An outdated version can be a reason why Facebook Marketplace is not working properly.
To check for an update, visit Google Play Store on your Android, search for Facebook and tap Update if available.
Uninstall and Reinstall Facebook
Uninstalling and reinstalling Facebook can be a good option to fix Facebook Marketplace not working on your mobile. If updating doesn’t work, give it a try.
To uninstall Facebook on iPhone, press and hold the app icon, then tap Remove App and Delete App. To install the app again, download it from iTunes App Store.
Similarly, to uninstall Facebook on Android, tap and hold the app icon and select Uninstall. Then, visit Play Store and download Facebook. Finally, check if Marketplace can load on your phone or not.
You can try restarting the computer or phone to resolve the Facebook Marketplace issues easily.
Update Account Settings
Facebook Marketplace is not available on the account because the language and location you’ve set are not accepted on Marketplace. Hence, update your account settings to avail the option.
Request A Review
Facebook can remove your Marketplace access when you’ve gone against their Community Policies. That’s why you’re unable to open it.
However, if you think you haven’t violated any rule, request a review to fix Facebook Marketplace not working and restore access. To do so, follow the steps below:
1. Log in to your Facebook account.
2. For desktop users, click Marketplace from the left menu on News Feed. For Android users, tap the Marketplace icon at the top or tap three horizontal lines at the top right corner and select Marketplace.
3. Select Request Review if your access has been removed.
4. Fill out the form.
5. The Facebook team will review your appeal and respond through your Support Inbox and email associated with the account.
When they restore your Marketplace access, refresh facebook.com or download the newest version of the app.
Hopefully, these solutions can now fix the Facebook Marketplace error. So, give them a try to use Marketplace on your phone. If you have any other tips, share them with us in the comment box.