Interested to meet someone new, but Facebook dating not working or showing? Not only you but others also often encounter this issue and can’t access the service.
Facebook Dating is a unique feature to meet and start a meaningful relationship with someone who shares your interests.
But many users are unable to use the Dating app for some unexpected glitches. That could happen due to a poor network connection, an overloaded cache in the device or the service isn’t yet available in your region.
Regardless of the reasons, the issue is easy to fix on your own. Here is the guide that’ll explain what causes the issue and the permanent solutions to fix Facebook Dating not showing up.
Why Is Facebook Dating Not Working?
There can be multiple reasons why your Facebook Dating not working. Here are some common reasons:
- The Facebook app is outdated.
- You have a poor network connection.
- You’re not 18+ age and therefore, you can’t open Facebook Dating.
- There is corrupted data on the mobile.
- The Facebook Dating notifications are turned off.
- The Dating service is unavailable in your country.
- Dating is down for all users.
How to Fix Facebook Dating Not Working on Facebook App
It’s possible that your Facebook app isn’t updated and therefore, Dating is not working. So, you need to update the app to its latest version.
Here’s what you can do:
- Open Google Play Store or Apple Store on your mobile.
- Update Facebook if the latest version is available and also turn on Auto-update apps.
Check Internet Connectivity
Generally, an unstable internet connection can be the reason for Facebook Dating not loading/working. If you’re using the Facebook Dating app through a WiFi network and facing issues with the Dating app, you need to check the internet connectivity and fix it accordingly. Alternatively, check your mobile data plan if you’re accessing Facebook Dating through the mobile network.
So, you can check the following things:
- Switch off your router for a few minutes and turn it on again.
- Contact your Internet Service Provider to fix any internet issues.
- If you’re using mobile data, turn on and turn off airplane mode to fix the Facebook Dating not loading error.
Turn On Facebook Notifications
In case app notifications are turned off, verify whether Facebook is on that list. Otherwise, you need to turn on notifications for Facebook to use Facebook Dating service.
To turn on Facebook notifications, follow the steps:
1. Open phone Settings and go to Apps.
2. Select Facebook tap Notification and toggle on the notification button.
Now check if Facebook Dating not working problem is solved or not.
Check Facebook Dating Availability
Another root cause for Facebook Dating not showing up can be Facebook Dating isn’t available in your country.
There’re only 46 countries where this service is currently accessible: Austria, Argentina, BelgiumBrazil, Bulgaria, Bolivia, Colombia, Czech Republic, Croatia, Canada, Cyprus, Chile, Denmark, Estonia, Ecuador, Finland, France, Germany, Guyana, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Ireland, Laos, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, Malta, Malaysia, Mexico, Norway, Netherlands, Paraguay, Portugal, Poland, Philippines, Peru, Singapore, Slovakia, Suriname, Slovenia, Thailand, Uruguay, United States, United Kingdom, and Vietnam.
The next criteria to use Facebook Dating is that you must be 18+ age-old. If you’re under 18, Facebook won’t allow you to create an account for using the platform.
Enable Location Services
Before you access Facebook Dating, you need to enable Location Services on Facebook. If it’s off, turn it on to fix the Facebook Dating app crashing.
Turn on Facebook Location Services on Android:
- Go to Settings > Apps / App Manager.
- Scroll down to select Facebook.
- Tap Permission and then next to Location, toggle on the switch toggle on the switch or select Allow all the time (this step can vary from device to device).
Turn on Facebook Location Service on iOS:
- Go to the device’s home screen and open Settings.
- Tap Privacy.
- Select Location Services and toggle on the switch to turn it on.
Clear Cache for Facebook
Facebook Dating might not work if your mobile has corrupted cache files. Hence, clearing the cache can troubleshoot Facebook Dating won’t open on Android.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Open Settings > Apps and find Facebook.
- Tap Internal storage > Clear cache and it’ll fix your Facebook Dating not opening issue.
Reinstall Facebook App
If your Facebook Dating is still not showing up, uninstalling and reinstalling the Facebook app can remove bugs or glitches and fix the problem.
For this process, Android users can follow the steps below:
1. Go to the device’s Settings and tap Apps / App manager.
2. Select Facebook and tap Uninstall.
3. Now, open the Play Store and install the app again.
iPhone users can go through the following steps:
- Press and hold the Facebook app icon on the device screen.
- Tap Remove App.
- Tap Delete App.
- Now go to the App Store to download and install Facebook.
Restart the Device
Restarting your device sometimes works well if Facebook Dating not working on the mobile. It refreshes the connection and fixes issues with the app.
Hence, to restart Android, press and hold the power button for a few seconds and tap Restart / Reboot.
To restart iPhone, press and hold the side button until the power off slider shows up. Then drag the slider, wait at least 30 seconds for the mobile to turn off, and again press and hold the side button to turn it on.
Check if Facebook is Down for Everyone
Check if other users have also complained about Facebook Dating not working. If yes, the Facebook server is down for everyone. In that case, you need to wait until they resolve the issue.
Contact Facebook Support
Are you still experiencing the “Facebook Dating Not Working” issue? Then you need to contact Facebook Support and convey your problem so that they can solve it.
So, these are all possible solutions to solve the issue in question. Make sure to follow one by one and you can surely start using the Facebook Dating service again. If you know another quick trick, share it with us in the comment box below.
Some other content which you feel interesting