Is your Facebook Dating not working? Many users often face problems with this social media dating service, such as it crashes, doesn’t show up or keeps loading.
So, if you have encountered any of the errors and your Facebook Dating not showing up, here we have listed some quick solutions to fix the issue.
How to Enable Facebook Dating?
In order to enable Facebook Dating, follow these steps:
- Log into your Facebook account using a mobile.
- Tap the hamburger menu (three horizontal lines) at the top right corner and select Dating.
- Tap Get Started and answer some questions to set up your dating profile.
- Review the Dating profile details and select Confirm.
- Now, add a picture, share the location or automatically use your Facebook account’s information to complete the profile.
Why Is Facebook Dating Not Working?
There can be multiple reasons why your Facebook Dating not working. Here are some common reasons:
- The Facebook app is outdated.
- You have a poor network connection.
- You’re not 18+ age and therefore, you can’t open Facebook Dating.
- There is corrupted data on the mobile.
- The Facebook Dating notifications are turned off.
- The Dating service is unavailable in your country.
- Dating is down for all users.
How to Fix Facebook Dating App Not Working Issue?
If your Facebook Dating app is not working, apply the following solutions based on the source of the error to fix it.
Solution 1. Update Facebook
One of the root causes of Facebook Dating not working is an outdated app. So, updating the Facebook app to its latest version can quickly fix the issue.
Here’s what you can do:
- Open Google Play Store or Apple Store on your mobile.
- Update Facebook if the latest version is available and also turn on Auto-update apps.
After updating is done, check if the issue still persists.
Solution 2. Check the Internet Connection
Next, check whether your internet connection is stable or not. Sometimes, a slower or unstable Wi-Fi or mobile data connection can cause Facebook Dating down.
So, you can check the following things:
- Switch off your router for a few minutes and turn it on again.
- Contact your Internet Service Provider to fix any internet issue.
- If you’re using mobile data, turn on and turn off airplane mode to fix the Facebook Dating not loading error.
Solution 3. Turn On Facebook Dating Notifications
It’s possible that you might have disabled Facebook Dating notifications. So, make sure to turn it on.
To turn on Facebook notifications, follow the steps:
1. Open phone Settings and go to Apps.
2. Select Facebook tap Notification and toggle on the notification button.
Now check if Facebook Dating not working problem is solved or not.
Solution 4. Enable Location Services
Before you access Facebook Dating, you need to enable Location Services on Facebook. If it’s off, turn it on to fix the Facebook Dating app crashing.
Turn on Facebook Location Services on Android:
- Go to Settings > Apps / App Manager.
- Scroll down to select Facebook.
- Tap Permission and then next to Location, toggle on the switch toggle on the switch or select Allow all the time (this step can vary from device to device).
Turn on Facebook Location Service on iOS:
- Go to the device’s home screen and open Settings.
- Tap Privacy.
- Select Location Services and toggle on the switch to turn it on.
Solution 5. Clear Cache for Facebook
Facebook Dating might not work if your mobile has corrupted cache files. Hence, clearing the cache can troubleshoot Facebook Dating won’t open on Android.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Open Settings > Apps and find Facebook.
- Tap Internal storage > Clear cache and it’ll fix your Facebook Dating not opening issue.
Solution 6. Reinstall Facebook App
If your Facebook Dating is still not showing up, uninstalling and reinstalling the Facebook app can remove bugs or glitches and fix the problem.
For this process, Android users can follow the steps below:
1. Go to the device’s Settings and tap Apps / App manager.
2. Select Facebook and tap Uninstall.
3. Now, open the Play Store and install the app again.
iPhone users can go through the following steps:
- Press and hold the Facebook app icon on the device screen.
- Tap Remove App.
- Tap Delete App.
- Now go to the App Store to download and install Facebook.
Solution 7. Restart the Device
Restarting your device sometimes works well if Facebook Dating not working on the mobile. It refreshes the connection and fixes issues with an app.
Hence, to restart Android, press and hold the power button for a few seconds and tap Restart / Reboot.
To restart iPhone, press and hold the side button until the power off slider shows up. Then drag the slider, wait at least 30 seconds for the mobile to turn off and again press and hold the side button to turn it on.
Solution 8. Check if you’re eligible to use Facebook Dating
If you want to use Facebook Dating, you must be 18+ age-old.
If still Facebook Dating not showing up on your device, your location or country probably doesn’t have this service yet. Dating is currently available in selected countries only like Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Germany, the US, the UK etc.
Solution 9. Check if Facebook is Down for Everyone
Check if other users have also complained about Facebook Dating not working. If yes, the Facebook server is down for everyone. In that case, you need to wait until they resolve the issue.
Solution 10. Contact Facebook Support
Are you still experiencing the “Facebook Dating Not Working” issue? Then you need to contact Facebook Support and convey your problem so that they can solve it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Facebook Dating Paid?
No. Facebook Dating is free for everyone eligible to access it. You can view matches and check who has liked your dating profile without any paid membership.
Is Facebook Dating Good?
According to the users’ reviews, Facebook Dating is pretty good. Its user-friendly interface, features, security and privacy have made the app quite popular among people.
So, yes, it’s good since it lets you connect with someone of similar interests. The best part is it doesn’t suggest or notify your current Facebook friends within Dating that you’ve opened a Dating profile.
Why is Facebook Dating saying take a break?
Facebook Dating has an option called “Take a break”, where you can pause the dating account without deleting it. However, you can still read the previous conversations, chat with people and check the existing matches. Basically, taking a break helps to focus on other works or a particular conversation with someone special.
Can you be banned from FB Dating?
Yes. If a user reports you for any harassment, you’ll be banned from FB Dating immediately. Facebook Dating has the same Community Standards as Facebook and applies strict policies on the users who violate them.
Does Facebook Dating work on a desktop?
Unfortunately, Facebook Dating does not work on a desktop. You must log in to the Facebook app from an Android or iOS device to access Dating.
In which countries is Facebook Dating available?
Facebook Dating is currently available in Austria, Argentina, Belgium, Bolivia, Bulgaria, Brazil, Cyprus, Canada, Croatia, Chile, Czech Republic, Colombia, Denmark, Estonia, Ecuador, France, Finland, Germany, Guyana, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Ireland, Iceland, Lithuania, Laos, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Latvia, Malaysia, Mexico, Malta, Norway, Netherlands, Philippines, Portugal, Poland, Paraguay, Peru, Romania, Suriname, Sweden, Singapore, Slovenia, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland, Thailand, the United Kingdom, the United States, Uruguay and Vietnam.
Hopefully, now you’ve been able to solve the Facebook Dating not showing up issue. You simply need to start with the basic solutions mentioned above before going into the advanced ones.
It’s an easy-to-use dating service that doesn’t require you to open a separate account. It’s an in-built addition to the main application to connect with people and start relationships. If you’ve any more trouble with the app, let us know in the comment box and we’ll find the solutions for you.
Some other content which you feel interesting