Being the largest social media platform, Facebook has enriched its users with many new features. Besides posting and sharing pictures, videos or texting, people create Facebook business pages to get more exposure.
Whether you’re 13 or 50, it’s an easy way to connect with everyone worldwide. However, with the latest developments, the greater risk always comes. Such as one loophole in the privacy issue is to see who stalked your Facebook profile.
Your posts or pictures in the Facebook account or page are usually visible to all. Moreover, fraud people may create fake ids and use your personal information to harm you financially and emotionally. This reason often raises the question, can you see who views your Facebook?
Unfortunately, Facebook hasn’t introduced that feature yet. You can see who’s following you but knowing who checked your Facebook might not easy.
But are you still curious? This article has listed some possible methods to know who viewed your Facebook.
How To See Who Viewed Your Facebook?
To see who viewed your Facebook, here are the steps to be followed by iOS and Android users.
1. iOS Users
The only official or legitimate way to see who viewed your Facebook is through the iOS app. Facebook has currently added this new feature to iPhone. After a long discussion, Apple has finally managed Facebook to bring this option.
It lets you see who visited your profile in the last 30 days, along with who viewed posts most. Although this service is still in the testing process, it worths a shot. Here are the steps to follow if you’re an iOS user.
- Open the Facebook app on your mobile and log in to the account.
- Open the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down to select Settings & Privacy.
- Tap on Privacy shortcuts.
- Select Who viewed my Facebook.
2. Android Users
If you are an Android user, unfortunately, there is no such feature available where you can check who viewed your Facebook. Facebook has clearly stated they’ve no intention of disclosing who’s watching your profile even if you are not friends. They fear it may affect Facebook’s revenue as people will spend less time on this social media.
Therefore, Android users can only hope that Facebook will bring this feature in the future.
3. Using desktop mode
Don’t get upset if you’re an Android user. There is a trick to reveal who stalked your Facebook if you open the app on a desktop browser. It may be a time-consuming but reliable and effective way.
Let’s follow the steps and check if you can find out the profile viewers.
- Open and log in to your Facebook account on the desktop browser.
- Press Ctrl+U or right-click on the timeline and select View page source. A new tab will open automatically containing all detailed information.
- Press Ctrl+F to open a search box and copy-paste buddy_id there.
- You can find some 15 digit profile ids from your visitors like 100006385419741. Copy an id.
- Now go back to your Facebook timeline or open facebook.com. In the search bar, paste the id like facebook.com/100006385419741 and hit enter.
And voila! It’ll show you the person who has recently visited or viewed your profile.
You can also follow the process on your mobile browser. Here are the steps.
- Open Google Chrome on your mobile phone.
- Type facebook.com and open your profile.
- Tap the three vertical dots at the upper right corner and mark the box beside Desktop site. Now your phone will work like a PC.
- Tap the search bar and tap the edit icon to change the URL, i.e., http://m.facebook.com/.
- Add “view-source:” at the beginning and replace “m” with “web”. So, the new URL will be view-source:https://web.facebook.com/ and hit enter.
- A new page will appear with all information about your profile. Tap the three dots from the top-right corner and select Find in page.
- In the search box, type buddy_id. It’ll show you the profile id of who views your Facebook most.
- Copy and paste the id in the search bar, similar to the desktop process.
Can you See Who Views your Facebook?
The answer is No. There is no straightforward way to see who views your Facebook. Some third-party apps claim to provide this facility. If you come across such apps, don’t install them or else they can steal your private information. You can always report about those apps on Facebook.
Facebook’s privacy rules don’t grant users access to confidential data. They have officially declared there is no in-built tool or hack to know about a profile’s viewers.
Additionally, Facebook’s latest feature, “lock profile,” keeps unknown people away from the profile. They can see your complete profile if you only accept their friend requests.
Though you can make some information visible to the outsiders, such as your age, date of birth, city, religion, relationship status etc. Upon marking them public, anyone who’s not even your friend can see those.
But if you’re a Facebook page owner, it’s sometimes necessary to know your page’s status. In that case, Facebook avails you with insights to check likes, reaches, page previews, number of viewers, their actions, genders, ages and countries. It’ll help you to get important demographics but won’t show the page visitors’ names.
After a detailed analysis, it’s cleared there is no official way to know your account’s viewers or visitors. For malicious third-party apps, report them to Facebook. The best solution is to add only known people and use social media wisely to stay safe.